Ice scraper

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I've just bought one of these: http://www.swedishicescraper.se/ This morning I had that horrid thin but rock-hard frost on my windscreen and it went straight through it, unlike the previous petrol-station one I had where I was out there chipping away at it for ages. They go for about £12 on Amazon, which is a bit pricey for a scraper but it's worth it for the time saved and it's nice and solid so it should last.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I might have to give one a go.

I currently use an IcePlane which is great but this looks cooler.

MPH

Forum GOD!
I have actually waiting for someone to post a cool ice scraper!!! I figured it was the topical progression from the EDC thread! :)

Look nice. What was postage like to uk?

halvor

a most elusive fish
Now just who said we are a single-interest group!? Shame on them!

On second thought, still within the dragging a flat piece with an edge against a surface to remove a layer of something...

I use whatever I can find. In order of preference: a garage, a motor heater, a proper scraper, a poor scraper, a CD cover, whatever has an edge of some sort.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I have actually waiting for someone to post a cool ice scraper!!! I figured it was the topical progression from the EDC thread! :)

Look nice. What was postage like to uk?
Free, I bought mine from Amazon and have Prime.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I just linked to the original site as it had the most information, but Amazon sells them too. :thumbsup:

Wayne

Forum Sod
Now just who said we are a single-interest group!? Shame on them!

On second thought, still within the dragging a flat piece with an edge against a surface to remove a layer of something...

I use whatever I can find. In order of preference: a garage, a motor heater, a proper scraper, a poor scraper, a CD cover, whatever has an edge of some sort.
What, Halvor! You use U2's guitarist?

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
I use a rain repellent on my glass, which as a consequence makes it harder for frost and ice to stick. As such, cold water poured on is enough to remove all ice. The water runs off due to the repellent before it can freeze again. Job done, no scraping necessary :)