I want a badger brush

Eurofighter

Forum GOD!
I need some advice on selecting a badger brush.
I want a 24 mm bulb shaped knot with soft tips, good splay and not that much backbone. I do not want it to be scritchy or scratchy. The only badger brush I've tried was a Maseto two band finest that was the opposite of what I want: It was scritchy, had a lot of backbone and it didn't splay easily. I enjoy a lot a synthetic Cashmere knot brush right now and I would like something similar, but I realize it is not really possible.
I am leaning towards a Shavemac Silvertip, but thought I'd ask for your input as well.

p.b

Forum GOD!
I had a 26mm Shavemac 3-band silvertip bulb and it was everything you're looking for. The only drawback for me was that it felt a little bit small. I like 26-28mm fans so a 24mm bulb would be a smallish brush - but excellent. I have a 3-band silvertip 28mm fan and it's lovely: fabulously soft but just enough backbone.

morr

Forum GOD!
I need some advice on selecting a badger brush.
I want a 24 mm bulb shaped knot with soft tips, good splay and not that much backbone. I do not want it to be scritchy or scratchy. The only badger brush I've tried was a Maseto two band finest that was the opposite of what I want: It was scritchy, had a lot of backbone and it didn't splay easily. I enjoy a lot a synthetic Cashmere knot brush right now and I would like something similar, but I realize it is not really possible.
I am leaning towards a Shavemac Silvertip, but thought I'd ask for your input as well.
I might have something like that. PM sent.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
PM received

Is anybody using the Shavemac SIlvertip? Any thoughts on it?
If you mean shavemac’s standard 3-band Silvertip, it’s one of the best knots on the market. It has nice soft tips, not too much backbone and excellent flow through. It is very comparable to the knot of the Kent BK4 except that it has a bit more backbone.

Reactions: p.b