I think I'm done with blades...

Which one would you vote FROM THESE as your permanent blade and why?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1881

As the title suggests, I won't chase another blade to see how it shaves, simply because I hate dragging, poor WTG first pass and not enough sharpness in general.

So... In no particular order;

I have tried almost every blade,nothing seemed to be as sharp & smooth as these above for me. If I forgot any other blade that could be in the same squad with these, please add it. (I'm waiting a GSB of course,but for me it is not as sharp as these.)

Sorry for the big pics, for the last one, that it is made in Greece, @Kevy can confirm...

PS All the blades were tested on my 7 days of growth with same soap & the same razor (Rockwell 6c Gunmetal #6, #5)

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyC

Patriot
Feather does the job for me, and they have another attribute that is seldom mentioned, they are made to tighter tolerances and fit with less play in razors that have alignment pins instead of slots. You will have fewer alignment issues. They are also slightly wider from cutting edge to cutting edge, which will liven up some of the milder razors.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Nacet if it had to be only one. I have GSB and Astra SP as backup but Nacets cut the closest. Never tried Feather, probably should but I have enough blades (250+) incluing around 40 Yellows which aren't shabby.

You should revise the listing to include GSB since it's a popular choice. You should also change "Astor" to Astra SP.

D

Deleted member 1881

Nacet if it had to be only one. I have GSB and Astra SP as backup but Nacets cut the closest. Never tried Feather, probably should but I have enough blades (250+) incluing around 40 Yellows which aren't shabby.

You should revise the listing to include GSB since it's a popular choice. You should also change "Astor" to Astra SP.
I added the Astra SP but it seems I can't add any more blades.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
Voted Nacet, but Polsilver SI are a close second. Nacets don't work in every razor I have but are great value compared to the current Polsilver price. Was looking through my shave ratings last night and while I use these a lot less, Astra SS, Astors and 7 O'Clock Blacks are also up there

Still haven't used a Feather. Have 7 of them, but don't see the need