I needed a prop for a photo

Fox

Forum GOD!
I had this idea of creating a Gaelic type knot in rope to use as a prop in a Shamrock Tweed product shot. I have never done this before but I think my first attempt is not too bad.

image1(5).jpg

shamrock_01.jpg

Unfortunately It's not quite what I had in mind. I think the rope is a little on the thick side so I've ordered up some thinner rope to have another attempt at this. I will post up my next attempt here.

Fox

Forum GOD!
@wooky114 I could shave you!

I didn't know that even existed. You are right that would be more fitting. I will give it a try, though will wait until I have more rope as I like to keep the other one for Southsea Spray when it becomes available.

Thank you :wink:

Last edited:

wooky114

Legend In His Own Lunchtime
@wooky114 I could shave you!

I didn't know that even existed. You are right that would be more fitting. I will give it a try, though will wait until I have more rope as I like to keep the other one for Southsea Spray when it becomes available.

Thank you :wink:
:okay: Not a problem @Fox and you do help out in a fair few of my shaves shaves, metaphorically speaking...

and I'm fairly sure my stock of 1912 has increased since this was taken...

Fox

Forum GOD!
Sorry to interfere, but you made a very good synthesis. With some filters it will be a winner :)

for ex

View attachment 34446
Thank you, that came up alright. Though it wasn't really the style is what I meant, the rope is too thick and doesn't create quite what I had in mind. You done a great job on the photo though thank you again. :)

Yup, I was right, the pile's gotten bigger...

Congratulations you have earned yourself Wickhams stockists status! @wooky114 I'm impressed! :eek:

If your already not on it, PM me your address and I will add you to the testers list for the upcoming new soaps. :okay:

wooky114

Legend In His Own Lunchtime
Congratulations you have earned yourself Wickhams stockists status! @wooky114 I'm impressed! :eek:

If your already not on it, PM me your address and I will add you to the testers list for the upcoming new soaps. :okay:
Thanks @Fox - we discussed by it by PM a while back and I'm looking forward to giving the new formula a go as/when they're ready.

Reactions: Fox

ManicDee

Inside a Big Dark Empty
Darron, While it pains me to say this, I feel I must.
An Irish Shamrock, is a small type of clover but it only has a 3 leaves on it! It is often mistaken by a 4 leaf clover.
The word shamrock comes from the Gaelic word Seamrog, meaning “little clover”. A clover is the commonly used name for any number of plants belonging to the genus Trifolium, meaning “having three leaves.” The three leaves of a shamrock are also said to stand for faith, hope and love.

A 4 leaf clover knot

Wayne

Forum Sod
Darron, photograph it on a piece of Tweed I'm sure you can get a sample piece for not a lot off the Bay.

Fox

Forum GOD!
Darron, photograph it on a piece of Tweed I'm sure you can get a sample piece for not a lot off the Bay.
That is a good idea Wayne, thank you. I do have a Harris Tweed scarf that I could also use. The thinner rope has arrived so I should reattempt this image.

Sorry for the slow reply Wayne, I have not been arround much the last few weeks. Have taken on too much work, have my son on Summer holidays and even jumped back on my tools to help a friend out last week. Was nice to get my plastering trowels out, forgot how much I enjoy plastering.

Wayne

Forum Sod
That is a good idea Wayne, thank you. I do have a Harris Tweed scarf that I could also use. The thinner rope has arrived so I should reattempt this image.

Sorry for the slow reply Wayne, I have not been arround much the last few weeks. Have taken on too much work, have my son on Summer holidays and even jumped back on my tools to help a friend out last week. Was nice to get my plastering trowels out, forgot how much I enjoy plastering.
Who the chuff enjoys plastering? It’s the worst trade of all :laugh:

Fox

Forum GOD!
Who the chuff enjoys plastering? It’s the worst trade of all :laugh:
Mate when you been making soap solid for a couple of years and over coming the challenges that come with such a business, plastering is such a dream.

It's the best trade out of all of them when you think that you don't have much in the way of tools and materials to carry onboard. I use to hate having to empty out my van to find one tool when I had a painting and decorating company. Then it was off to the merchants to buy materials throughout the job which wastes time, fuel and money. I never have this problem with plastering. And it also keeps you fit, big saving on gym fees. Come on Wayne mate you know you love plastering really. :laugh: