I needed a prop for a photo

Discussion in 'Arts, Literature & Photography' started by Fox, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Fox

Fox The Soap Artisan

I had this idea of creating a Gaelic type knot in rope to use as a prop in a Shamrock Tweed product shot. I have never done this before but I think my first attempt is not too bad.

image1(5).jpg

shamrock_01.jpg

Unfortunately It's not quite what I had in mind. I think the rope is a little on the thick side so I've ordered up some thinner rope to have another attempt at this. I will post up my next attempt here.

Mrchick, Salv, lloydrm and 7 others like this.
  2. wooky114

wooky114 Legendary Member

Just a thought - how about doing a Shamrock knot to tie everything together theme wise.

Fox likes this.
  3. Fox

Fox The Soap Artisan

@wooky114 I could shave you!

I didn't know that even existed. You are right that would be more fitting. I will give it a try, though will wait until I have more rope as I like to keep the other one for Southsea Spray when it becomes available.

Thank you :wink:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Mrchick, wooky114 and DamianJ like this.
  4. herco

herco Well-Known Member

Sorry to interfere, but you made a very good synthesis. With some filters it will be a winner :)

for ex

s1912.png

Mrchick, Fox, wooky114 and 6 others like this.
  5. wooky114

:okay: Not a problem @Fox and you do help out in a fair few of my shaves shaves, metaphorically speaking...

[​IMG]

and I'm fairly sure my stock of 1912 has increased since this was taken...

DamianJ likes this.
  6. wooky114

Yup, I was right, the pile's gotten bigger...

MAR_0119.jpg

herco, Pat-W, p.b and 2 others like this.
  7. Fox

Fox The Soap Artisan

Thank you, that came up alright. Though it wasn't really the style is what I meant, the rope is too thick and doesn't create quite what I had in mind. You done a great job on the photo though thank you again. :)

Congratulations you have earned yourself Wickhams stockists status! @wooky114 I'm impressed! :eek:

If your already not on it, PM me your address and I will add you to the testers list for the upcoming new soaps. :okay:

wooky114, RandySp and herco like this.
  8. wooky114

Thanks @Fox - we discussed by it by PM a while back and I'm looking forward to giving the new formula a go as/when they're ready.

Fox likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice