I can't shave everyday, no matter what I try.

Sami

Forum GOD!
I would prep by taking a shower first then clean your face with a mild cleanser and rinse and after that use a pre-shave like proraso white pre-shave then i woule use a mild razor like the Gillette tech or a clone like the razorock teck i would shave with the grain 2 pass and leave it there doing this 1 month and after that trying with cross the grain with the second pass

Also like many other members said use a good soap or cream with synthetic brush and a bowl
 

Cardiffgiant

Active Member
Thanks all. I'll keep you posted once I get all the new shaving tools with my progress.

Judging from your forum name I am presuming you are in the UK, if not forgive me. I am going to suggest tracking down a Palmolive shaving stick, available from local chemists and many supermarkets, Wilko etc.
These produce excellent slick easy lather. Simply wet your face, rub the soap onto the stubble until you see a white soap residue, not too much, then lather with a wet shaving brush. The lather will be produced easily and lots of it too. Then start shaving, slowly and with only enough pressure to remove the lather from the face. The blade will be plenty sharp enough to cut the stubble, honestly they always have been for every Man. No need to press down, that's a no, no or you will cut yourself or cause lots of irritation. Slow and steady wins the race.
Hope that helps
all the best from Old smooth tongue.
I used to be! I'm now an expat living in the USA. Thanks for the post, if I cannot find an equivalent here, I have family who can send me some from Wilko.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Thanks all. I'll keep you posted once I get all the new shaving tools with my progress.



I used to be! I'm now an expat living in the USA. Thanks for the post, if I cannot find an equivalent here, I have family who can send me some from Wilko.
They could also send you an Ariana & Evans. Or get one yourself.

Can you lather it?
 

Number Six

Forum GOD!
Lots of great advice here already.
I would suggest trying a disposable one or two blade razor to get started. I have some Dorcos and Bic Metal razors that are essentially effortless. Build a good lather and keep your face wet. Also be content with a socially acceptable shave for a while. Less than baby smooth and no irritatiion is better than smooth and red.
Take your time and enjoy.
 

Macbeth

Active Member
Get a Colonial General SE stainless razor.
Put a Proline P-20 in it.
Use a premium soap: Grooming Department, Wholly Kaw
Nivea Balm Sensitive Men

DO ONE PASS WITH THE GRAIN.
 
Top