How to reduce dark circles under the eyes?

ManicDee

Inside a Big Dark Empty
1. Get more Vitamin K into your system. You will find it in green leafy vegetables, meats, fish, legumes and fruits
2. Sleep-wise try a little lavender oil on your pillow, that should help you sleep and add an additional pillow if needed.
3. Take It Easy On the Salt
4. Get More Collagen into Your Diet. Chicken broth soup or collagen protein powder.
5. Get a retinoid cream: Retinoids are great for all over your skin, but especially around your eyes because
they help to even out discolouration and boost collagen to reduce fine lines. So the missus says :)

pjgh

Forum GOD!
^all of this and ...

Remove all technology from your bedroom, no blinking lights or LEDs ... avoid TV/computers for a good hour before sleep ... black out blinds (sub-£20 from IKEA) ... and cut down yer drinking! < That

Rose water - from Rose of Bulgaria, perhaps some Thayer's which you can use whole face and as an aftershave.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
1. Get more Vitamin K into your system. You will find it in green leafy vegetables, meats, fish, legumes and fruits
2. Sleep-wise try a little lavender oil on your pillow, that should help you sleep and add an additional pillow if needed.
3. Take It Easy On the Salt
4. Get More Collagen into Your Diet. Chicken broth soup or collagen protein powder.
5. Get a retinoid cream: Retinoids are great for all over your skin, but especially around your eyes because
they help to even out discolouration and boost collagen to reduce fine lines. So the missus says :)
Fantastic, thank you!

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
^all of this and ...

Remove all technology from your bedroom, no blinking lights or LEDs ... avoid TV/computers for a good hour before sleep ... black out blinds (sub-£20 from IKEA) ... and cut down yer drinking! < That

Rose water - from Rose of Bulgaria, perhaps some Thayer's which you can use whole face and as an aftershave.
Thank you.:okay:

flashashton27

Forum GOD!

Have you found any products in your search for something to combat your dark circles Rob?

I’ve been using this Caffeine Solution 5% eye serum from a company called The Ordinary. It’s a relatively newcomer to world of Skincare & has created a bit of a buzz, based on the affordability & effectiveness of their products.

For me, this is a very solid product. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now & I can say it has made a difference. I’m of the view that nothing out there will completely remove any puffiness or dark circles, but this stuff is helping to mask it. Well worth a go, especially at £6 for a 30ml bottle, which will last a very long time.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!

Have you found any products in your search for something to combat your dark circles Rob?

I’ve been using this Caffeine Solution 5% eye serum from a company called The Ordinary. It’s a relatively newcomer to world of Skincare & has created a bit of a buzz, based on the affordability & effectiveness of their products.

For me, this is a very solid product. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now & I can say it has made a difference. I’m of the view that nothing out there will completely remove any puffiness or dark circles, but this stuff is helping to mask it. Well worth a go, especially at £6 for a 30ml bottle, which will last a very long time.
@flashashton27 Just ordered a bottle. I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers for the heads up.

smooth_criminal

Forum GOD!
One thing that massively improved my quality of sleep was reducing the amount of screen time before bed.

I also installed apps on my PC and phone that reduce the amount of blue light from screens at night, this reduces eye strain and also helps you sleep better (blue light is known to disrupt your sleep pattern).

I use 'f.lux' on my PC, and the app 'Twilight' on my android phone.

If you search 'blue light filter' I'm sure similar apps are available for Iphones or macs.

In terms of creams, I can highly recommend this Origins eye cream;

http://www.origins.co.uk/product/18093/43393/mens/mens-eye-care/a-perfect-world/for-eyes-firming-moisture-treatment-with-white-tea

It is pricey, but a little goes a long way and it has definitely made a difference to me. I use it before bed, and again in the morning.

Good luck!

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
One thing that massively improved my quality of sleep was reducing the amount of screen time before bed.

I also installed apps on my PC and phone that reduce the amount of blue light from screens at night, this reduces eye strain and also helps you sleep better (blue light is known to disrupt your sleep pattern).

I use 'f.lux' on my PC, and the app 'Twilight' on my android phone.

If you search 'blue light filter' I'm sure similar apps are available for Iphones or macs.

In terms of creams, I can highly recommend this Origins eye cream;

http://www.origins.co.uk/product/18093/43393/mens/mens-eye-care/a-perfect-world/for-eyes-firming-moisture-treatment-with-white-tea

It is pricey, but a little goes a long way and it has definitely made a difference to me. I use it before bed, and again in the morning.

Good luck!
Thank you. Very useful information.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
A few weeks ago I purchased a tube of Next Under Eye Gel, only a cheap store own brand. SWMBO wasn't aware I was using it and at the weekend she saw it in my wash bag as we were away. Her comment was I thought your under eyes looked a lot less dark. Not bad for £4.