How often do you switch?

CutThroatMike

How often do you switch between safety razor and straight razor?

because those of us that use everything imaginable under the sun…. Except cartridges of course! That’s just blasphemy! Haha

but no, are used to switch every other Shave but now I do 2 weeks using my SE’s DE’s, and injector (only own a Schick model L)

man’s 2 weeks using my Shavettes, straights and CJB Kamasori 👈🏻 ❤ that thing. It’s so fun to use! For the longest time I’ve been using the feather professionals, but after trying out the feather supers, they have become my new favorite artist club blades to use!

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
I used to use a different razor everyday up until about 18 months ago, when I discovered shavettes, I now alternate between my 2 shavettes and occasionally a straight razor and even less frequent a DE or SE.

It's very nice to shave with a DE or SE after months ignoring them but after a few days I come to the same conclusion, I'm really a shavette - Artist Feather style man.

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I'm responding because of your recent membership. I went from vintage DE and SE to a Feather Shavette straight to a honed straight. I find no reason to distinguish a straight type of beard razor.

Stropping, honing, and such was fun for a while after using the Feather initially.

Lately I use a vintage DE type and Barbasol foam.

For me, one is as good as the other if you beard map or know how.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Rob99

Forum GOD!
I switch often.

Prefer the straight razor, but when I have little time and I have to shave. I take the DE (Pils).

chazt

Forum !
I don’t use straight razors, just safety razors. Probably 90% of my shaves are with a DE. The others are injector shaves.