How many shaves?

Mr Mackay

Forum GOD!
I usually get 10-12 shaves from a GEM blade in my 1912 (Made in England) Ever Ready. As a rule, they're good blades, but once in a while I run into an outstanding one. About a year ago, I got at least 20 shaves (most of which were very comfortable and pretty close) from one such blade. Only threw it out because I wanted to change to a DE razor. It was somewhat less efficient during the last couple of shaves, but it was still quite smooth.

Funny thing is when, after a month or so, I returned to the same 1912 razor the new GEM blade was so rough that I had to chuck it out after a few shaves. I was hoping that it would smooth out, but it never lost the initial harshness, even after stropping (which I usually don't do). I guess there's a first time for everything.

Last edited:

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I get five to six good shaves from a Gem blade in whatever razor I use it in, the blades are cheap enough so not too worried about it. :) P.

Bugdoc

Forum GOD!
Typically get 7-10 with either feather professional or Kai Mild. Doesn't make sense to me either.