Hi All! Old time DE user new to this forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Milesandcoltrane, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Milesandcoltrane

Milesandcoltrane Well-Known Member

Hi All!

I’ve been a wet shaver for the past decade or so. Originally from Singapore and the US, recently moved to the UK for grad school. Great to meet all of you!

2. halvor

halvor Esquire

Welcome along to this strange little world of ours :) What sort of razors are you into?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. Welcome onboard, you will enjoy here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Salv

Salv location : Kent

Welcome to ATG.

5. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Welcome to ATG

6. Quique

Quique Forum GOD!

Welcome to ATG

7. bikerjohn666

bikerjohn666 Über Member

Good morning, Sir, welcome to AGT

8. dc68

dc68 Senior Member

Welcome

9. Milesandcoltrane

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Although I’ve been shaving for a Long time I haven’t really been down the rabbit hole as much :(

I’ve used a Gillette Fat handle Tech, a Gillette Slim Twist and currently an EJ DE89 with the barley handle. The vintage razors are all gone thanks to multiple moves.

For soapsI swear by MWF, Tabac and also use DR Harris soaps and aftershave milks. Also enjoy TOBS avacado though have been meaning to try others. Just have an order of samples from Shave Dash due to arrive soon with Castle Forbes, St James, B&M and Stirling.

For brushes my Omega board are long gone (RIP Super broken in Pro 48). Currently have a T&H Wellington - the Rooney 1/2 in horn keeping me company with a 27-28ish mm knot and a 50ish mm loft. Been meaning to try all these new synthetics though. Been looking up all these tuxedo cashmere etc. Such a far cry from the old days. With all these artisans apparently giving the old guard like the Fat etc a run for the money

Boru62, 2hot 2trot and Shaverrific666 like this.
  10. Milesandcoltrane

Oh yes forgot to add! I’ve been a huge fan of vintage Gillette’s for a while but not been able to find one in a decent condition for a sensible price when I look these days. But these new razors like the Rockwell and Timeless are very intriguing.

Boru62 and 2hot 2trot like this.
  11. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Welcome along @Milesandcoltrane!
    Check out the Vreto soap group that is current running, great soaps for little £££...

2hot 2trot likes this.
  12. Godfather

Godfather Forum GOD!

Hi and welcome to ATG!

13. Barry1963

Barry1963 Forum GOD!

Hello and welcome to ATG.

14. 2hot 2trot

2hot 2trot Forum GOD!

Welcome and enjoy ATG! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice