Hi All! Old time DE user new to this forum

halvor

a most elusive fish
Welcome along to this strange little world of ours :) What sort of razors are you into?

Last edited:

Milesandcoltrane

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome along to this strange little world of ours :) What sort of razors are you into?
Although I’ve been shaving for a Long time I haven’t really been down the rabbit hole as much :(

I’ve used a Gillette Fat handle Tech, a Gillette Slim Twist and currently an EJ DE89 with the barley handle. The vintage razors are all gone thanks to multiple moves.

For soapsI swear by MWF, Tabac and also use DR Harris soaps and aftershave milks. Also enjoy TOBS avacado though have been meaning to try others. Just have an order of samples from Shave Dash due to arrive soon with Castle Forbes, St James, B&M and Stirling.

For brushes my Omega board are long gone (RIP Super broken in Pro 48). Currently have a T&H Wellington - the Rooney 1/2 in horn keeping me company with a 27-28ish mm knot and a 50ish mm loft. Been meaning to try all these new synthetics though. Been looking up all these tuxedo cashmere etc. Such a far cry from the old days. With all these artisans apparently giving the old guard like the Fat etc a run for the money

Milesandcoltrane

Oh yes forgot to add! I’ve been a huge fan of vintage Gillette’s for a while but not been able to find one in a decent condition for a sensible price when I look these days. But these new razors like the Rockwell and Timeless are very intriguing.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Welcome along @Milesandcoltrane!
For soapsI swear by MWF, Tabac and also use DR Harris soaps and aftershave milks. Also enjoy TOBS avacado though have been meaning to try others. Just have an order of samples from Shave Dash due to arrive soon with Castle Forbes, St James, B&M and Stirling.
Check out the Vreto soap group that is current running, great soaps for little £££...