Help me choose a soap

Trevorphilipz

Regular Member
There are many high quality artisans to choose from and there are more that most people haven't heard of yet. Barrister&Mann, Ariana&Evans, Spearhead, Sphinx Beard, Stirling, Uncle Jon's are just some of the ones that I know of. I'm sure you can find plenty of others around, but I would stay away from PAA (Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements).
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
There are many high quality artisans to choose from and there are more that most people haven't heard of yet. Barrister&Mann, Ariana&Evans, Spearhead, Sphinx Beard, Stirling, Uncle Jon's are just some of the ones that I know of. I'm sure you can find plenty of others around, but I would stay away from PAA (Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements).
If you don’t care to read through the whole thread, you might still benefit from reading at the least the first post before posting your response. You risk missing the mark or adding little or nothing new... (I hadn’t heard of Spearhead and Sphinx, though, so that’s indeed new to me.)
 

R181

Grumpy old man
I don't think Van Der Lovett shave soap has been mentioned yet. The performance is excellent and so are the scents, strong enough but not overbearing to me. I ordered mine direct from Holland but it is now available in Canada.


Bob
 
I don't think Van Der Lovett shave soap has been mentioned yet. The performance is excellent and so are the scents, strong enough but not overbearing to me. I ordered mine direct from Holland but it is now available in Canada.


Bob
Good soap, Bob made by De Vergulde Hand , one of the oldest European soap makers who also make Fine Accoutrements.
 

Phil_D

Forum GOD!
PAA is a good shout. As is Soap Commander that can be sourced really cheaply and it’s good stuff - lasts ages, too!
I know you’ve mentioned A&E but have you tried their Kaizen base?
 
Top