Hello Everyone!

jonnyv5

Name is Jon and new top the forum. I'm a 39 year old RN from Central FL. I purchased my first safety razor about 10 months ago which was a Feather Professional. I completely had the wrong technique and equipment i.e. soaps, brush, and bowl. Just recently received Noble Otter Monarch and B&M Terror. I'm looking forward to learning more about this hobby and this community seems super awesome!

jonnyv5

Thank you sirs! Any recommendations for blades? I have pretty sensitive skin that I'm sure if I look at wrong will bleed. Lol. Currently, I am using Dorco Prime Platinum.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Thank you sirs! Any recommendations for blades? I have pretty sensitive skin that I'm sure if I look at wrong will bleed. Lol. Currently, I am using Dorco Prime Platinum.
I’m getting on well with Shark Platinum at the moment. Very smooth! Astra SPs are also considered gentle blades.

Suggest you try a sample pack from eBay or tryablade.com as a first step, though.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Welcome Jon.
agree with the above, finding the blade that works for your skin is the key to comfortable shaves. Good luck finding one quickly.

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
Welcome to ATG. You're at the entrance to a vast rabbit hole!

+1 for Astra Superior Platinum blades, still my reference blade.

Regards,
Chris