Heathrow T2 and Parking

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Anyone any recommendations for parking for three weeks and a hotel stay overnight the night before we fly from T2. Ideal world we rock up at the hotel, park up, stay the night and then get bus in to T2 in the morning. Don’t really want to be bothered moving the car around near Heathrow in the morning, got stuck in traffic there once before.

dc68

-------------
For convenience its the Hilton Garden Inn ( you walk out of the entrance onto the car park straight into the Terminal), for price any of the Premier Inns. Remember to search T3 hotels too as 2&3 are connected via a walkway.
Check your airline does depart from T2 as there are some who are only temporarily using it until they reopen T4.

Vacumatic

Testy
Anyone any recommendations for parking for three weeks and a hotel stay overnight the night before we fly from T2. Ideal world we rock up at the hotel, park up, stay the night and then get bus in to T2 in the morning. Don’t really want to be bothered moving the car around near Heathrow in the morning, got stuck in traffic there once before.
Good luck with this one, will be following the thread to see what others suggest.

I used to park up in the Long Stay but last time I did so for a two week stay I came back to all the car windows down and the doors unlocked, the seats and carpets were wet through. I went to find an attendant to see if cars had been broken into when we were away and was told it was common practice on Vw group cars, perhaps due to vibration. I checked with a vw forum and this was a failing on older Golfs and Passats.

One hotel did a deal where you stay the night, they store the car when you are away and bring the car back to you on return. Since then I have heard horror stories of the cars being used when you are away as airport taxis and left anywhere, one car was reported to the police because it had been left on someone's drive

The cost of long term parking is now crazy, the last trip we made I just took a taxi and they picked us up when we got back, the cost was £1 a mile which was cheaper than parking.

Last edited:

dc68

-------------
Good luck with this one, will be following the thread to see what hot hers suggest.

I used to park up in the Long Stay but when I did so for a two week stay I came back to all the windows down and the doors unlocked, seats and carpets were wet through. I went to find an attendant to see if cars had been broken into when we were away and was told it was common practice on Vw group cars, perhaps due to vibration.

One hotel did a deal where you stay the night, they store the car when you are away and bring the car back to you on return. Since then I have heard horror stories of the cars being used when you are away as airport taxis and left anywhere.

The cost of long term parking is now crazy, the last trip we made I just took a taxi and they picked us up when we got back, the cost was £1 a mile which was cheaper than parking.
That's why I only use the Terminal car parks or Sofitel, however a good cheat is the Hatton Cross Hilton Garden Inn as there is a c ar park and a tube station nearby, one stop to the airport and no charge.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
For convenience its the Hilton Garden Inn ( you walk out of the entrance onto the car park straight into the Terminal), for price any of the Premier Inns. Remember to search T3 hotels too as 2&3 are connected via a walkway.
Check your airline does depart from T2 as there are some who are only temporarily using it until they reopen T4.
We used aHilton one before for T5. That was great, rock up, through the barrier on ANPR, park and leave taking the keys with you. Is T2 at the moment and has been all the time. United flying in to San Fran.

Have seen horror stories about cars being dumped road side and on housing estates.

Mike Smart

Forum GOD!
Hopefully the good people on here will meet you at your car, drive to their house
park up get a lift to the Airport then pick up said car after the 3 weeks
Job done cheap as chips & a little shaving present from abroad to say Thank You 😊

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Hopefully the good people on here will meet you at your car, drive to their house
park up get a lift to the Airport then pick up said car after the 3 weeks
Job done cheap as chips & a little shaving present from abroad to say Thank You 😊
I wouldn’t put that on anyone. I just can’t stand the hassle of getting up, getting ready, then move the car, wait for a shuttle and sit in any awful traffic. Think that Hilton one mentioned seems to be the ideal option. Also plenty on here are far more travelled than I am.

dc68

-------------
Yes there are some cowboys, only book through LHR itself or at a Hotels own parking. The Hoppa bus to the terminals is fine. UA always are T2 so that should be fine too.
HGI at the terminal also has a great view of the airport comings and goings.
My preferences are: T5- Sofitel or Thistle if POD's are working; T2/3-HGI; T4- Hilton.

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Would be easier if we lived closer. But hauling to Heathrow from North Devon means we will need a night in a hotel as the flight is 10:25 ! While the roads would be clear I’d need to leave home at around 2:00 am. But could drive straight to parking and Hoopa to T2. Would sleep on the plane for sure !!!!!

dc68

-------------
Same here, living off the A30 near Oakhampton. It used to be great to fly from NQY to T2 with FlyMaybe. Now its a monthly 3 hour drive and an overnight at LHR, sometimes an overnight on the way back in the winter! Since September I have flown- TLV x 2; BUD; VIE; Minsk; BER; ZUR.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Same here, living off the A30 near Oakhampton. It used to be great to fly from NQY to T2 with FlyMaybe. Now its a monthly 3 hour drive and an overnight at LHR, sometimes an overnight on the way back in the winter! Since September I have flown- TLV x 2; BUD; VIE; Minsk; BER; ZUR.
Not so much for you, but it’s that Bloody link road takes best part of an hour with the 40mph parts.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Booked parking and the night before at a Hilton, just a short taxi ride for Terminal 2. We used this for parking the car before and know we can park up take the keys and it’s covered by cameras and a barrier in and out. Purple Parking was about the same price but without an overnight stay.