Headshavers..... HELP!

DeeCee

Dan
Sorry if this is the wrong section for this thread, please move if more suitable elsewhere....
OK, so I'm running low of blades for my headblade sport (original yellow one with a black adapter), I've been using the dorco pace 4 blades (think I got a bulk buy of about 24) for the past year. So, thinking ahead decided to order some more before I run out. Ive ordered some new ones from amazon, but they are now pace 4 'pro' blades, and they DO NOT fit the headblade :cursing: Has anyone got any ideas on alternatives I can use instead? I thought I'd cracked it with the pace 4's as they were cheap and have lasted me a year 😭
 

Jgreenepa

Forum GOD!
Well, I shave my head now with an AS-D2, but I have also used a new invention called the Omnishaver. I used it about 4 times, and it did a credible job. It was a Kickstarter about a year or so ago. Very fast and not expensive. Before the Omnishaver and AS-D2 I used my Schick Krona for about the last ten years, since I've been shaving my head. Sorry, I can't be of more assistance.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff
 

DeeCee

Dan
Thanks guys, I had a feeling you would say that DE is fine... I've never attempted that, and have a few moles that I'm a bit dubious about. I've never cut myself with the headblade.....
I have seen that sensor excel blades fit the headblade sport, so might give them a try, and I can get 10 for £12.00, so might be an option. If not, I'll teach myself with a DE
 

Jgreenepa

Forum GOD!
Thanks guys, I had a feeling you would say that DE is fine... I've never attempted that, and have a few moles that I'm a bit dubious about. I've never cut myself with the headblade.....
I have seen that sensor excel blades fit the headblade sport, so might give them a try, and I can get 10 for £12.00, so might be an option. If not, I'll teach myself with a DE
I would recommend the Feather Popular, or if you have the willingness to spend some filthy lucre, its big brother the AS-D2. Both are so well designed that it’s truly difficult to Knick oneself. I know, as I have a pretty bumpy dome which has not been so friendly to more aggressive DE razors with positive blade exposure. Both feather razors are neutral to negative on blade exposure. So if you go lightly and mind your angle it’s a pleasant, close, head shave. Good luck to you whatever you decide. Just my two cents!

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff
 

DeeCee

Dan
Thanks Shaun, I'll have a look!
Just had a look at what adapters I have, and these are the only ones I can find.....
20190910_180455.jpg
 
Top