Head Shavers..what's your set up?

Just wondering guys..

I am not a daily head shaver..but I do clean shave with a razor three or for times a year, and if not fully shaven, my hair is very closely cropped as a faded buzz cut or a zero all over.

I use a DE and have used carts once or twice in the past..

So what's your setup for head shaves folks?

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Nothing special, whatever I'm using on my face. I shave mine daily, face and head at the same time, lately I've been favouring my Timeless OC. To be honest, I've been favouring that since I bought it.

Nico1970

Forum GOD!
Thrice a week for me (give or take a day or two). When I can light a match on my head, I know it's time to head shave... :cool:

I use proper shaving soap and brush application alright, albeit with either a Gillette Mach 3, Gillette Fusion or Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 for expediency.

Nothing special, whatever I'm using on my face. I shave mine daily, face and head at the same time, lately I've been favouring my Timeless OC. To be honest, I've been favouring that since I bought it.
I'll have to try the Timeless OC on my head and see how that works.!

Thrice a week for me (give or take a day or two). When I can light a match on my head, I know it's time to head shave... :cool:

I use proper shaving soap and brush application alright, albeit with either a Gillette Mach 3, Gillette Fusion or Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 for expediency.
Nice Martin! Do you find Cartridges work better for you than a DE? Just curious?

Nico1970

Forum GOD!
Nice Martin! Do you find Cartridges work better for you than a DE? Just curious?
For head shaving, I just prefer the speed of using a cartridge, whereas, on the face I'm a DE / SE man!

@Shaverrific666 - the other great thing about using cartridges for the head is that, even when they would otherwise be spent - as far as using on the face is concerned - with a rub on a razor pit (or similar), they become sufficiently re-energised to comfortably use on the head. I can easily get 2-3 months out of a cartridge on the head using this method.

For head shaving, I just prefer the speed of using a cartridge, whereas, on the face I'm a DE / SE man!

@Shaverrific666 - the other great thing about using cartridges for the head is that, even when they would otherwise be spent - as far as using on the face is concerned - with a rub on a razor pit (or similar), they become sufficiently re-energised to comfortably use on the head. I can easily get 2-3 months out of a cartridge on the head using this method.
Thanks for the info, Martin!:thumbsup:

Conservator

Forum GOD!
When I first started shaving my head I used whatever DE or SE I was using on my face. Now I tend to use either an injector razor or a Mach 3 cartridge. I found that I was cutting my head when I used a DE in my left hand.

I shave my head once a day.

OJ82

Forum GOD!
I like to use OneBlade to, if the growth is not over 2 days, it is realy easy to shave with, but it is not as efficient as the blackbird:okay:

Conservator

Forum GOD!

Good advice. I have been using the rough side of a strop. First I put the cartridge under warm water and if there is any gunk on the blades I remove it with a tooth brush under warm water. I then strop going the opposite direction from a shave.