Haslinger Schafmilch-super rosey, super tacky?

FaTist

Forum GOD!
hey all
devotee of MWF but recently thought Id see just how good the Haslinger was. I got horrible results and am assuming I got the new vegan formula but it dawns on me Ive never heard of the scent being described as flowery, specifically rose. mine smells super heavy of rose, followed by a little 'powdery' post shave, but still super rosey.

the soap is the LEAST slick soap ive ever experienced, my fingers will actually stick to my face after a pass! this seems beyond YMMV (could be wrong) and since no one else gets such a rose dominant scent, Im wondering if something happened to my puck that is not normal.

anyone else get this super rosey smell from the sheeps milk? horribly tacky skin feel? experienced the old tallow compared with the new vegan formula?

was this a fluke for me? really wanted to like this soap, but it seems like i have a totally different soap (barring the tiny puck) from everyone else whos had haslinger.

iamsms

Video Assistant Referee
I just shaved with the new Haslinger for the last two days. Before that I used MWF for a week.

I had kind of similar experience on my first day with new Haslinger. I loaded like I used to load MWF. So I had way too much soap and ended up with extremely high soap to water ratio. I dialed it down next day, added enough water and got a slick lather. How good/bad the new formula is compared to the old one - I won't say before a few shaves.

So again, if you are a devotee of MWF, do not load Haslinger (or most soap for that matter) like you load MWF. You will end up with way too much soap that requires a tank full of water.

FaTist

Forum GOD!
I did the same thing! After a few years of only MWF I had a bit of a learning curve getting used to lathering 'normal' soaps.
First try was way overloaded, but since Ive tried super thick, super thin, super wet, super dry, all to no avail- super tacky/sticky, reliable razor burn regardless.
remembering i never heard the scent described as flower/rosy thought maybe i got a bad puck. (mine is overpoweringly rosy) even the vegan formula cant be pretty much the opposite of what a shave soap is supposed to be. if the difference is the tallow v. vegan that tallow stuff must have been heaven!