Haircut and Shave N075 Razor

wintoid

Out of control
First use this morning for me. I used a Feather blade, no idea why as I don't like Feathers usually, and I won't use a Feather tomorrow as I had a couple of weepers. I like the razor, the appearance, the handle. Balance is just OK. The head feels strangely cumbersome (I've been shaving daily for about a month exclusively with a Wolfman WR1 0.86 OC, so I'm used to a nimble head at the moment).

What I really like is the blade feel, which is perfect. I thoroughly enjoyed actually shaving, but post shave I had a little irritation. I think I might have been encouraged to use too much pressure. I will try again tomorrow with a Polsilver, and go for less pressure.

Post-shave i feel like the stubble has grown back quicker than it would have with the Wolf.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
First use this morning for me. I used a Feather blade, no idea why as I don't like Feathers usually, and I won't use a Feather tomorrow as I had a couple of weepers. I like the razor, the appearance, the handle. Balance is just OK. The head feels strangely cumbersome (I've been shaving daily for about a month exclusively with a Wolfman WR1 0.86 OC, so I'm used to a nimble head at the moment).

What I really like is the blade feel, which is perfect. I thoroughly enjoyed actually shaving, but post shave I had a little irritation. I think I might have been encouraged to use too much pressure. I will try again tomorrow with a Polsilver, and go for less pressure.

Post-shave i feel like the stubble has grown back quicker than it would have with the Wolf.
Should of bought that Gaggia Lever instead.. :D

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
After three shaves with the stainless steel N075, I feel confident enough to give an accurate review of this razor.

Quality: Superb build and finish. The polish on my handle is easily a match for Wolfman, the baseplate and top cap I'd rate 97% to. This razor has the closest polish of all I've tried to Wolfman. Thread is very smooth with no resistance. Perfect.

Shave: This razor shaves with very little blade feel, less so than the Carbon Cx that's currently ranking as my #1 razor, yet is very efficient. Smoothness is to a slightly higher level and feels totally safe. Head is more cumbersome than the slim-line Carbon, although not to any detrimental amount.
The only negative I have, and it's a small one, is that I'd prefer a marginally longer handle and a longer area of knurling. At 3.25 inches, just another quarter would do it. The head has some weight to it and a longer handle would improve the balance. Nothing major.

wintoid

Out of control
I'm not a million miles away from David's views, actually. After 3 or 4 shaves with the N075, I'm simultaneously impressed and wondering if I will use it.

It's well made, nice and shiny, and I like the looks of the handle. I find the head looks a bit industrial, and is definitely a bit cumbersome. The manufacturing and engraving looks pretty good to me.

The balance is all wrong though. I like the looks of the handle, but I find myself having to hold it lower than the knurling. I tried it with a titanium handle, and the grip was in a better place, but the razor was very head-heavy now. It might be a quest for the perfect handle.

The end result is a very close shave, and very smooth. The alum block says absolutely nothing this morning.

But cumbersome.... I am not sure I really want to be using a cumbersome razor. I've previously felt the same about the Timeless range, but grew to accept them. Not sure I'll reach for the H&S razor much.