Haircut and Shave N075 Razor

lloydrm

Forum GOD!
Well anyone’s top 3 is fluid, I should know..
Don’t think anyone is doubting the OP’s enthusiasm, it’s just that it’s a crowded market.
At that price point it wants to be finished better
It’s what, $40 ish cheaper than a S/S Lvl 2 Charcoal?
Don’t want to hijack the thread but, where can this be found? Honest quedtion. I’d like one and got in thier list but it seems to me like that is not happening in the near future (4-6 weeks).

OP, please keep sharing your experiences.

rawfox1

Forum GOD!

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Don’t want to hijack the thread but, where can this be found? Honest quedtion. I’d like one and got in thier list but it seems to me like that is not happening in the near future (4-6 weeks).

OP, please keep sharing your experiences.
He had quite a bit available last week, not much now. Just keep an eye on the site and his schedule

bijou

Forum GOD!
After reading Rawfox1s review I went ahead an purchased the Haircut and Shave Co. razor N075. Now I do not always agree with Rawfox1's opinions but they do have merit he's knowledgeable, informative and fair without being terribly wordy as some people can get (as I'm doing here). Overall I respect what he says, I was intrigued, so I purchased the item. That doesn't mean after using the item my opinion won't differ and I'll sell it, but there are no regrets.

I've had this razor for a few weeks, when I first received it I looked it over and to me, the finish wasn't mirrored polish but it was not too bad as a few of the original photos on the Haircut and Shave site had projected, the photos did not do it justice. The top cap finish is somewhat like the original ATT razor not brushed, not polished, the bottom plate is clean. black in color not as awful and in some photos.

The feel of the razor itself is bottom/handle heavy coming in at 105 grams 15 x 90, though I like the length. I used the razor with the handle it came with and a Stork Brass Aristocrat 13 x 90 (76 grams). The blade's I use are Polsilver (On this razor I used a shim with this blade a few times) and a Feather which I never use because the blade is too harsh for me with the razors I use (I also use a shim with the Feather with this razor).

The razors I use are aggressive razors, in my rotation are 2 types of the Single Ring Ball End (I switched out the Ball End for Stork Aristocrat 13 x 90 handles). I use a Regular with a shim and a U.S. Army that has the same aggressiveness as the Regular with a shim, a CG L3 DC and the PAA Ascension SS with a shim (I really like this razor) and in reserve.a British Streamline Gem.

The N075 was a different experience to use. Let me start, the first thing I did was switch out the handle for the first 2 shaves (Stork) then I went back to the original, its the right handle for this head. The weight does help this head give a good shave and the handle grip when wet is excellent, no slide but not overly grippy, it allows your fingers to maneuver the handle with no thought of resistance.

The shave was slightly perplexing if you can follow this. The shave was mild, I don't like mild, I was not getting the razor feel that I like, but the feedback was good the efficiency was excellent, just slightly less efficient than the razors in my rotation and this was with the Polsilver and a Polsilver with a shim. When I switched to the Feather I was quite surprised that not only did I get a smooth efficient shave but there was no irritation at all, even when I put a shim in for more blade, it stayed disgustingly smooth and efficient, no irritation.

My shaving routine is that I shave daily with a Polsilver so using a Feather on a daily basis for 7 days and having no irritation was astounding to me. I also found that I could be somewhat careless with this razor, I could not cut myself, I mean I could if I really wanted to but the wide margin of error allowed me to daydream more than usual. I will be using a Feather with this razor from this point on.

When I was watching the video where the gentleman was shaving his head without much worry, I understood. Anyone who likes a mild razor, anyone who heads shaves and wants a smooth and really efficient shave with no worries of nicks, cuts or weepers give this razor a try, you will not be disappointed.

A lot of razors promote themselves as being smooth and efficient, this razor is really smooth and very efficient. Thank you Rawfox1 for bringing this razor to my attention, it will not ween me off the razors in my current rotation but I will add it to them.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Forum GOD!
After reading Rawfox1s review I went ahead an purchased the Haircut and Shave Co. razor N075. Now I do not always agree with Rawfox1's opinions but they do have merit he's knowledgeable, informative and fair without being terribly wordy as some people can get (as I'm doing here). Overall I respect what he says, I was intrigued, so I purchased the item. That doesn't mean after using the item my opinion won't differ and I'll sell it, but there are no regrets.

I've had this razor for a few weeks, when I first received it I looked it over and to me, the finish wasn't mirrored polish but it was not too bad as a few of the original photos on the Haircut and Shave site had projected, the photos did not do it justice. The top cap finish is somewhat like the original ATT razor not brushed, not polished, the bottom plate is clean. black in color not as awful and in some photos.

The feel of the razor itself is bottom/handle heavy coming in at 105 grams 15 x 90, though I like the length. I used the razor with the handle it came with and a Stork Brass Aristocrat 13 x 90 (76 grams). The blade's I use are Polsilver (On this razor I used a shim with this blade a few times) and a Feather which I never use because the blade is too harsh for me with the razors I use (I also use a shim with the Feather with this razor).

The razors I use are aggressive razors, in my rotation are 2 types of the Single Ring Ball End (I switched out the Ball End for Stork Aristocrat 13 x 90 handles). I use a Regular with a shim and a U.S. Army that has the same aggressiveness as the Regular with a shim, a CG L3 DC and the PAA Ascension SS with a shim (I really like this razor) and in reserve.a British Streamline Gem.

The N075 was a different experience to use. Let me start, the first thing I did was switch out the handle for the first 2 shaves (Stork) then I went back to the original, its the right handle for this head. The weight does help this head give a good shave and the handle grip when wet is excellent, no slide but not overly grippy, it allows your fingers to maneuver the handle with no thought of resistance.

The shave was slightly perplexing if you can follow this. The shave was mild, I don't like mild, I was not getting the razor feel that I like, but the feedback was good the efficiency was excellent, just slightly less efficient than the razors in my rotation and this was with the Polsilver and a Polsilver with a shim. When I switched to the Feather I was quite surprised that not only did I get a smooth efficient shave but there was no irritation at all, even when I put a shim in for more blade, it stayed disgustingly smooth and efficient, no irritation.

My shaving routine is that I shave daily with a Polsilver so using a Feather on a daily basis for 7 days and having no irritation was astounding to me. I also found that I could be somewhat careless with this razor, I could not cut myself, I mean I could if I really wanted to but the wide margin of error allowed me to daydream more than usual. I will be using a Feather with this razor from this point on.

When I was watching the video where the gentleman was shaving his head without much worry, I understood. Anyone who likes a mild razor, anyone who heads shaves and wants a smooth and really efficient shave with no worries of nicks, cuts or weepers give this razor a try, you will not be disappointed.

A lot of razors promote themselves as being smooth and efficient, this razor is really smooth and very efficient. Thank you Rawfox1 for bringing this razor to my attention, it will not ween me off the razors in my current rotation but I will add it to them.
Thanks so much for the thorough review. By given what you normally use - the Ascension and the CG level 3 - I know this razor would be right up my alley!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ajc347

Forum GOD!
Very interesting thread guys.

Rawfox’s reviews and thoughts were instrumental in leading me to purchase a RS-10 despite many original concerns and issues I had about it (including being a Blackbird clone). I’m pleased I listened to what he (and others) had to say, as they were spot on in their views and reviews.

Since then, I have felt somewhat jaded and cynical regarding new razor releases as they all seem to promise the same thing at an inflated price point.

I’ve not seen or tried this particular razor and find the combination of stainless steel and aluminium to be an interesting choice. My concern would be the wear that is likely to occur on the baseplate as it is likely to be softer than stainless steel, hence I do wonder about it’s longevity.

I have similar thoughts regarding Razorock’s MJ-90 which uses aluminium and titanium. The main difference is that the Razorock offering is significantly cheaper and, therefore, less of a risk.

Please keep the reviews, thoughts and concerns coming guys as it’s exactly this level of discourse that makes this forum a great place to be. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawfox1

Forum GOD!

I've had the razor for a few weeks, when I first received it I looked it over and to me, the finish wasn't mirrored polish but it was not too bad as a few of the original photos on the Haircut and Shave site had projected, the phots did not do it justice. The top cap finish is somewhat like the original ATT razor not brushed, not polished, the bottom plate is clean. black in color not as awful and in some photos.

Thanks for your kind words and I am glad you are enjoying this razor. As you know everybody's skin and beard are different and everybody has different personal preferences... After shaving with almost every modern razor I do feel that I have enough experience to share my feedback with others... my only intention is to assist other Wet shavers as I have no skin in any game

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk