Haircut and Shave N075 Razor

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
First. A review is always subjectiv.
Second. Aren't we allowed to say that this is one of my best razors, soaps, brushes or wahtever without writing a review?
rawfox1 starts a thread of a new reazor that he has bought and think is very good. Then we can give our opinions of the known facts of the razor, like the weight, or that we doesn't like how it looks. But, jumping on him that has been the case in this thread? Come on, aren't we gentlemen here in this fine forum?

MPH

Forum GOD!
I almost never write reviews about anything, largely because I don't analyse things as much as some. When I try a new razor or brush my thoughts are generally along the lines of " this is great/forgettable/rubbish".

If I found a new razor that I felt was great I'd definitely come on here and let you all know, but it would be unlikely to include an in depth review.

I agree just an opinion isn't overly useful to people but at least it's a heads up. Often these 'heads-up' have allowed us to get a razor, or on a waiting list before the world goes mad and they are unobtainable!

Please keep the 'heads-ups' coming! :)

First. A review is always subjectiv.
Second. Aren't we allowed to say that this is one of my best razors, soaps, brushes or wahtever without writing a review?
rawfox1 starts a thread of a new reazor that he has bought and think is very good. Then we can give our opinions of the known facts of the razor, like the weight, or that we doesn't like how it looks. But, jumping on him that has been the case in this thread? Come on, aren't we gentlemen here in this fine forum?
Perhaps I was a bit rough. Really sorry.
What I mean: any more details? 'Smooth,top3,efficient' is not enough in my opinion. I hear it everytime.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Well anyone’s top 3 is fluid, I should know..
Don’t think anyone is doubting the OP’s enthusiasm, it’s just that it’s a crowded market.
At that price point it wants to be finished better
It’s what, $40 ish cheaper than a S/S Lvl 2 Charcoal?

R181

Grumpy old man
Well anyone’s top 3 is fluid, I should know..
Don’t think anyone is doubting the OP’s enthusiasm, it’s just that it’s a crowded market.
At that price point it wants to be finished better
It’s what, $40 ish cheaper than a S/S Lvl 2 Charcoal?
Exactly. I'll believe that the OP's shaving experience was extremely good for himself. Who knows if it will be for me should I buy one. From what I can see from the posted photos from my pov is that it does not display the fit and finish I would expect from a DE at that price point. OTH, other may think the fit and finish is perfectly fine at that price point. Everyone is entitled to their own subjective opinion including the OP without people getting their nose out of joint because subjective opinions naturally vary.

Bob

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Reviews are in essence to me an individual expressing their personal opinion on a product. With an emphasis on the word personal.

What helps to unravel this is the reviewer making clear what good looks like i.e. what products of a similar type do they hold in the same kind of esteem and why.

Reviews by corrupt shills and fanboys who throw a hissy fit when doubt is cast on their pet product are another matter and IMHO don't belong here full stop. I can see no obvious evidence of the OP being either of these so time to give him a break I think

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

p.b

Forum GOD!
Objective feedback.

I personally love raw Fox’s enthusiasm. But if you’re spending loads of money you need to know that you’re getting impartial commentary. I guess this is where some of the scepticism comes from, though not from myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So it's only a review if it contains numbers? I agree that weight and cost are relevant numbers but even calling it a 7/10 for aggressiveness (when a DE89 is a 4/10) is only subjective. ALL shaving reviews are subjective - we only have the reviewer's opinion to refer to.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Ok, we can think it's not a review (...the only one who tried the razor, opened the thread, yet not shared a detailed experience... the meaning?). Where are the real thoughts on this razor? I don't see them. 'Smooth, top3, efficient'.
Based on what? The only fact you tried 100+ razors?
Guys, I know I'm a pain in the ass sometime. I don't doubt of anyone here to make it clear.
Yuri - what does it have to contain for you to classify an internet thread as a review?

jeepie

Forum GOD!
So it's only a review if it contains numbers? I agree that weight and cost are relevant numbers but even calling it a 7/10 for aggressiveness (when a DE89 is a 4/10) is only subjective. ALL shaving reviews are subjective - we only have the reviewer's opinion to refer to.
Good points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: p.b

Petronius

Forum GOD!
I unsubscribed to this thread two days ago, because some posts here spoiled my pleasure from purchase of this razor and I don´t need advice how I would spend my money. When I am clever enough to earn this money hope I am clever enough to spend this money. I am talking about my attitude not about posts or attitudes of other members to be clear, but back to topic …

This is exact situation like when @rawfox started thread about RS-10. Comments like RS-10 is copy of Blackbird, overpriced etc. and now is RS-10 considered by many as one of greatest razors ever. In another forum was @rawfox asked / accused if he has any connection to Raw Shaving Co. Now it looks like he is silent partner at H&S Co. and maybe Ruds. This gentleman has to be devil hahaha or at least "eminence grise" of wet shaving world. I know is much more comfortable criticize only than put own opinion to public. I really admire his attitude and he is still posting. Thank you.