Hair pomade

pj3r

Forum GOD!
Few months ago, I bought some things from G&C and they give me small freebie - 15ml tin of Hey Joe hair pomade.

My hair has their own life, and its pretty hard for me to keep it just like want. I try lot of different hair styling products with more or less succes.

So I give a chance to pomade. Wow! It works! Really works! So I bought a bigger tin. Now m hair looks just the way,i like it.

Do any of you use hair pomade and which one?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Dax I find to be similar to cement. Hair does not move an inch, almost like (taking a Harry Potter term) being petrified.

Brylcreem seems popular and Yardley also offer a pomade which some customers claim to be used as casein in their youth. My preference is Murdock's line of hair products with 'hair doh' being my favourite.

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
The Yardley lavender used to be a favourite. The kind of Dax I mentioned is good in that you can use a little or a lot & - tu me - washes out easily (will require a good hand washing after you apply it). The "classic" red tin Dax is too stiff for me.

Darkbulb

Member #10
Been a devoted Anchor's Hair "Teddy Boy" Matte pomade user for close to two years now.
To me it gives that perfect combo of low-shine and medium hold.
They made a bit of name of themselves years ago when they came out with products that had near to oil-based performance but could be washed out as easily as water-based ones.

Really tempted to try their new "Courage Clay"

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
Got a wee jar of the Yardley recently and quite like it. Sustained but frugal use improves the condition of my hair although you must be careful not to overdo it and end up with a greasy mop atop your noggin.

Chili

Try uppercut deluxe. I can't stand dax it takes forever to get out. Uppercut is water based so washes out easily.

MPH

Forum GOD!
I bought a red tin of dax wax. Awful bloody stuff. Seems to stick more to your hands than your hair! Not pleasant. :-(

Never tried a pomade as I assumed your hair would look greasy? Is this not the case???

pj3r

Forum GOD!
I bought a red tin of dax wax. Awful bloody stuff. Seems to stick more to your hands than your hair! Not pleasant. :-(

Never tried a pomade as I assumed your hair would look greasy? Is this not the case???
There is some water based pomade. With them hair is not greasy.

I try some oil based pomade and yes, hair not just look gresy it is gresy. And I hate that...