Completed Guest appearance: UK Bunny V3 pass around detour

Discussion in 'Lending Pool' started by sɐǝɹpu∀, Sep 2, 2016.

1. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

The Bunny V3 pass around on TSR will be briefly diverted here, as @UKRob is next on the list. Feedback can be left in this thread, so @twhite can see how much everyone loves the Bunny.
    • Lots of people on TSR
    • UKRob (ATG forum detour)
    • barber bear (on TSR)
    • More people on TSR
    The list is open.
    Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

Nishy, Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Speling Bea Champyun

Right on. I love getting the feedback from everybody.

Billyfergie and sɐǝɹpu∀ like this.
  3. Billyfergie

Billyfergie Forum GOD!

Hey Tom..You Must have Had More Feedback on the Bunny than the Nuremburg Trials..:wacky:

Billy

Grarea likes this.
  4. twhite

twhite Speling Bea Champyun

LMAO. At least positive feedback. Nobody is getting hung to my knowledge. :giggle:

Mrchick and Robyflexx like this.
  5. Mrchick

Mrchick Handsome Avatar

I was ordered to shave with it...

Darkbulb, Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  6. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

The Bunny is now with Rob.
    • Lots of people on TSR
    • UKRob (ATG forum detour)
    • barber bear (on TSR)
    • More people on TSR
    The list is open.
    Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

twhite likes this.
  7. UKRob

UKRob Legendary Member

Thanks to @p.b. for sending this to me in a very nice condition and freshly loaded blade - I used the razor just now.

Firstly, a confession that I'm not an experienced injector user having only used a Schick a couple of times, although I own both a Cobra and Mongoose plus lots of other SE razors. I like the look of Tom's Bunny 3 and it suits me that it's heavier than a Schick. I changed the head to 'Notso' and realised from looking at the design that the handle needs to be almost at 90 degrees to the face. Despite this, I found the correct angle very difficult to find and not at all intuitive. The first pass WTG was only satisfactory - and even then with lots of going over the same areas. Generally I only ever need two passes but it was clear when I started the second pass that I was not going to end up with a decent shave so half way through I decided to switch to the nearest razor at hand - a Cobra. I had to re-lather and finish off with that.

I'll try the more aggressive head next time and report again - this time I'll try and ensure that the angle is better as I'm sure that's what my issue was today.

PLANofMAN, Nishy, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  8. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

I find it easiest to 'ride the spring' (keep the copper bit in contact with the face).. here's the angle I use:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    PLANofMAN and twhite like this.
  9. UKRob

UKRob Legendary Member

The other thing that occurred to me, that is also demonstrated in your diagram, is that I may need to change the way I hold the razor. Being used to razors with an angled head I always adopt a grip where my thumb is underneath the handle and my index finger is on the upper part. I then change positions when going ATG and XTG but it's always based on an angled head.

Because the Bunny is a straight line razor, maybe I need to let the head find its own angle - and hold the sides of the razor. I'm convinced it's my problem rather than the razor at the moment.

PLANofMAN and Billyfergie like this.
  10. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

People hold the Bunny in different ways.
    Here's a link to a post showing how Tom holds it.
    Personally I put my index finger on the copper plate, so that the tip of the finger is opposite the screw that holds the comb in place. When going ATG I pretty much put the tip of my index finger on the screw.
    I'm afraid the finger position in the 'diagram' is how I hold the Bunny in my left hand while taking a picture of it with a camera in my right hand. The diagram is a photo with a tiny bit of post-processing :D:D

twhite likes this.
  11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie Forum GOD!

[​IMG]
    The Angle of the Bunny..:p:

Billy

twhite likes this.
  12. UKRob

UKRob Legendary Member

Second shave with the Bunny today - or to be more accurate second part shave. Once again I struggled to remove whiskers at the first attempt and had to continually go over the same areas. It's obviously a user problem - I checked that everything was aligned and there was every indication that the razor was set up as intended. Anyway, I was not enjoying the experience so changed to a Mongoose mid-way through the first pass.

All I can say is that the razor is not for me but it was interesting trying it out. Thanks to Tom for providing the opportunity and @Andreas for managing the pass-around. I'll now post it on to the next in line.

13. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

The guest appearance of the Bunny has come to an end. The pass around will continue on TSR.

Nishy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice