Pass Around Guerrilla by Wolfman Razors

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
An opportunity to try this new, entry level razor from Wolfman.
I must say that the finish is still very good & must have been polished to some degree.

Note: the Guerrilla is a little different for blade loading. The base plate has pins that hold the blade in position, rather than the top cap.

By taking part in the pass around you agree to these terms:
If you are new to pass arounds, please read ↪this article on how pass arounds work first.
This pass around is available to members of both the ATG and TSR forums in the UK & Europe.
The pass around is limited to 26 members, 13 for the UK & 13 for the Europe. I may adjust this at any time. The last UK member will send the razor back to me. I will then send the Guerrilla on to Europe.
I’ll restrict the pass around to members who have been around for a while. Don’t apply with your first post.
Because of the value of the razor I recommend sending it by ‘Royal Mail Special Delivery by 1pm’ or equivalent (EMS or tracked airmail for Europe). You will please send the tracking number to the recipient and to me.
The razor is your responsibility from the moment you receive it until the next person receives it. You break it or lose it - you buy it. If Royal Mail lose it, they’ll pay for it.
Don’t hog the razor. A week should be enough time to form an opinion.
Let us know what you think about the razor. Post your thoughts on this thread and if possible on the other forum as well.
Make sure the razor is shave ready for the next person, i.e. cleaned and disinfected using for example ↪Barbicide. I also find toothpaste & mouthwash work very well.

Thanks to @sɐǝɹpu∀ for letting me pinch his terms.

The list is copied from this thread: LINK
Please advise if you no longer want to take part or need to be moved down the list. I will send the razor in a Leather case, Wolfman supply these nicely wrapped in tissue paper but this is not reusable.

UK - Closed, Euro list open
1.Rowlers (ATG)
2.MrK1 (TSR/ATG)
3.Burgundy (ATG)
4.Wayne Pritchard (TSR)
5.MPH (TSR)
6.AndyMc133 (TSR)
7.Barry Giddens (TSR)
8.The Geordie Shaver (TSR)
9.Godfather (ATG)
10.Looney12345 (ATG)
11.Mikey J (ATG)
12.chris.hale
Closed

EU Leg
1. Kypros Christodoulides
2.Shavepm (ATG)
3.Britva (ATG)

4.ManicDee
5.Sir_eider (TSR)

LIST CLOSED

Key: Currently with, On the way to, Waiting, Completed

Last edited:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Guerilla is in hand, and very nice it is too... Much nicer in the hand than pictures. Finish is impeccable, Asylum, bullgoose etc... cannot match this finish...
Superb..

Wayne

Forum Sod
Guerilla is in hand, and very nice it is too... Much nicer in the hand than pictures. Finish is impeccable, Asylum, bullgoose etc... cannot match this finish...
Superb..
Hey Lee do you get a Champagne colour instead of silver?

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Hey Lee do you get a Champagne colour instead of silver?

Just the standard satin silver as far as I'm aware @Wayne...
Onto the shave, maybe a mistake but I used a Gillette Super Platinum that I had lying on my blade tub; it will only have seen 1 or 2 shave as I generally bin em after that.
First pass was very smooth, but next to no stubble was removed. Second pass not so smooth, I could feel I was shaving stubble off.. But not a suitable result, so onto a 3rd pass. This was quite uncomfortable and I am still not what I would consider smoothly shaven. It appears to have a narrow window, à la PILS, but I think I found it quite early on.
Massive amount on AS sting and a poor result. So on first run out I am not feeling the love yet...
Got to hand it to Wolfman though, the razor is incredibly well made. ZERO blade movement, perfect alignment exactly as it should be. The blade posts being on the base and no the top cap is unusual and you have to think when loading the blade, it is not an issue though, it is just different and there is nothing wrong with that!

Last edited:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Second run out with the Guerilla

Decided to go with a sharp, smooth blade - the Lab Blue.
Lots of blade scraping but it just doesn't shave anything off! Quite a steep shaving angle appears to be best, very much riding the top cap. But the shave, for me personally, (and to be perfectly blunt), is complete pants!
I'd had enough with the first pass, so switched to my trusty Rockwell 6C on #6 (using the same Lab Blue) and the smoothness and efficiency is so far ahead of the Guerilla it is hard to describe. My face is sore and irritated from the first pass, so just accepted another average shave and left it at that.

My mind is made up - it can get in its way to the next (un?)lucky member.
@MrK1 - pm me your details and I will try to get it on its way tomorrow.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Second run out with the Guerilla

Decided to go with a sharp, smooth blade - the Lab Blue.
Lots of blade scraping but it just doesn't shave anything off! Quite a steep shaving angle appears to be best, very much riding the top cap. But the shave, for me personally, (and to be perfectly blunt), is complete pants!
I'd had enough with the first pass, so switched to my trusty Rockwell 6C on #6 (using the same Lab Blue) and the smoothness and efficiency is so far ahead of the Guerilla it is hard to describe. My face is sore and irritated from the first pass, so just accepted another average shave and left it at that.

My mind is made up - it can get in its way to the next (un?)lucky member.
@MrK1 - pm me your details and I will try to get it on its way tomorrow.
You're an odd one, Lee :wink: First the Timeless, now the Guerrilla. Anyway, off topic, how's the fragrance, Caraceni?

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
You're an odd one, Lee :wink: First the Timeless, now the Guerrilla. Anyway, off topic, how's the fragrance, Caraceni?
I like what I like @halvor :D:D
To be fair the timeless is far superior to the Guerilla in that I could get a decent shave out of it, a little irritated, but a decent shave. The Guerilla just doesn't shave, it just irritates.:ohmy:
The scent is lovely, I can still smell it now... Really don't know what it smells like though - but it is nice...

Slant_Fan

Über Member
When I first came to shaving forums in 2007, and was introduced to Feather DE blades it was love at first shave. When I read posts in 'what is your favorite blade' threads and saw guys say they hated Feathers and loved Derbys or Dorkos I was mystified. I had not yet learned about YMMV.
Applying that to the Timeless, and the Guerrilla, I have shaved with all of the Timeless options and find all of them wonderful shavers.
The Guerrilla gave me great but unexciting shaves, as I've noted in earlier posts. On the 4th or 5th go with the Guerrilla, loaded with a new Gillette Nacet blade, it was an exciting shave. IOW, I heard it, felt it (smoothly) cutting the whiskers, and got a two pass bbs. So it took me some time, and experimenting with various blades, but my shaving experience improved as I got the hang of the razor. BUT ......... YMMV ....... :)