Group Buy - Vreto Soap

JayGee

Forum GOD!
Is there any chance you can share your method please? I've found the soap to be great, but I think there's room for improvement from me :)
My method (& the lather is the best I've ever used)
was using Lea classic for weeks prior, so I carried on the same way:
Damp not wet brush,
load gently until the tips of the brush are solidly covered with a chewing gum like goo.
Then I face lather, first spreading on the dryish soap with a painting motion & then adding water very gradually with circular motions (Lea will go foamy if you add water quickly). Vreto takes a lot of water, keep going until you think that's a lovely yoghurt consistency, then add a bit more, it will gobble it up and be even slicker.
Hope that helps.

RedSteve

Forum GOD!
My method (& the lather is the best I've ever used)
was using Lea classic for weeks prior, so I carried on the same way:
Damp not wet brush,
load gently until the tips of the brush are solidly covered with a chewing gum like goo.
Then I face lather, first spreading on the dryish soap with a painting motion & then adding water very gradually with circular motions (Lea will go foamy if you add water quickly). Vreto takes a lot of water, keep going until you think that's a lovely yoghurt consistency, then add a bit more, it will gobble it up and be even slicker.
Hope that helps.
Thanks! I've found the soap almost perfect, but a little drying post shave. So I'm thinking I probably do need to add just a bit more water like you say.

JayGee

Forum GOD!
Thanks! I've found the soap almost perfect, but a little drying post shave. So I'm thinking I probably do need to add just a bit more water like you say.
It holds a lot of water, I keep lathering, adding water until the brush is no longer tearing through the lather, it sounds different, and the lather starts to self level if that makes sense?
It is the thirstiest soap I've used & consequently very slick.
After the shave it washes off really cleanly, some soaps can feel a bit greasy post shave & I can be prone to acne with those.
I realise there is a lot of subjectivity in a soap review, I don't get any dry or tight feel afterwards.
Definitely try more water.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Is there any chance you can share your method please? I've found the soap to be great, but I think there's room for improvement from me :)
So I was originally talking samples from the tub to push into my scuttle but now i'm doing the lather out of the tub where i've bloomed the soap. I use my plissoft brush thats been soaked but shaken dry so is just a smidge damp. I keep the bloom water and use that to build the lather. I decant the proto lather to my scuttle and load a bit more and then carry on creating the lather a bit of water at a time. Then bingo! Its a way I get mystic wakes to lather and give me the right cushion

Britva

Eats steel for lunch
Damp not wet brush,
I do this as well, works great.

Goran and another good buddy of mine, both told me to keep adding water until the lather starts to shine. So I did it, but it took a significant amount of time, as I was doing this little by little. I don't normally bother so much, I usually stay at that creamy, thick lather, that's still a bit thirsty I guess...

Well, once I made it shine, I noticed my lather became a lot lighter than what I'd normally use. Not so thick and creamy anymore at all! Post shave was better like this, rinsing as well. The shave itself was good, couldn't call it better or worse. I suppose the slickness improved a bit, so there's that.

Gordy

Legendary Member
Well I'm gutted I missed out on this. I'd only just been thanking @RSSO for a tub he sent me last year, it's fantastic stuff, particularly in post shave feel. If anyone has a tub they aren't getting on with, you could have a buyer here!