Gillette slim -

Hectorsgaf

Brobdingnagian member
Funny how we forget things.

Bought an L3 Slim a while back as it was SO cheap and in SUCH great condition but it has been sitting on the shelf next to my 1959 birth quarter fatboy for toooooo long. Apart form the price and condition I also liked the attraction of it being the quarter when England won the world cup in 1966. I prefer 'oval' shape ball games to the round one but why not. Nice to have. Gave it a run today with a Nacet and what a sweet little razor it is. Dialled down to a 2 which by my calculation is equal to a 4 on the Rockwell. Mmmm.. 2 not great but when taken to 3 it was such a difference. Great shave although it did remind me towards the end that they have to be respected and cannot be thrown around the face like the Rockwell. Caught myself a weeper at the end and the alum drew a sting all over. Hey ho, nice experience any way.

Quality..

nickc

I was just browsing eBay for a Gillette slim, very hard to find any in good condition. It was interesting to read your comparisons with the Rockwell.
I will have to try a slim or Fatboy at some point.

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
I was just browsing eBay for a Gillette slim, very hard to find any in good condition. It was interesting to read your comparisons with the Rockwell.
There's a Fatboy pass-around somewhere on here you can join

Wayne

Forum Sod
Funny how we forget things.

Bought an L3 Slim a while back as it was SO cheap and in SUCH great condition but it has been sitting on the shelf next to my 1959 birth quarter fatboy for toooooo long. Apart form the price and condition I also liked the attraction of it being the quarter when England won the world cup in 1966. I prefer 'oval' shape ball games to the round one but why not. Nice to have. Gave it a run today with a Nacet and what a sweet little razor it is. Dialled down to a 2 which by my calculation is equal to a 4 on the Rockwell. Mmmm.. 2 not great but when taken to 3 it was such a difference. Great shave although it did remind me towards the end that they have to be respected and cannot be thrown around the face like the Rockwell. Caught myself a weeper at the end and the alum drew a sting all over. Hey ho, nice experience any way.

Quality..
They are nice, I let mine go to @Steve as a 'Congratulations you have Alzhiemers' gift but he forgot I gave it to him. Ah well that is the elderly for you.

alfie5542

I have both the slim and the fatboy. . I wish i had bought my fatboy first, would have saved myself some money. Both good, but the fatboy would be my choice everytime.

Dr Watson

The Other James
That reminds me. The Fatboy on the pass around is DEAD, so the pass around is now halted. We may get a replacement Fatboy at some point, but until then...
Did someone drop it? How can a Fatboy die? They disassemble for servicing simply enough, could be an easy fix 👍

sev-8

Forum GOD!
It looks like the asking prices - not necessarily selling prices - have gone up a lot in the past month or two. Used to find them in good condition for around £30 + P&P from the US, but now they're at £50-£60 which isn't just an exchange rate problem