Gillette Rocket flare tip

Discussion in 'Double Edge Safety Razors (DE)' started by Z-2, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Z-2

Z-2 Guru

This morning I`ve used my Gillette Rocket. I got it along with 2 other razors for £15 from ebay, and was curious how it will goes.

When the razors arrived, I cleaned them carefully. I realized, that Rocket has little problem - losing the handle from base plate. It`s easy to re-crimp with screwdriver so, after that everything looks OK.

I was in hurry today, and used canned goo. Some people hate it, but it works fine for me. Compared to 50s Super Speed, I think this Rocket shaves almost the same - mild. I am little disappointed, because my beard is tough and prefer more agressive razors. Even my Slim Adjustable on set 4 works better. As blade I used new Dorco Titan.

[​IMG]

What is your opinion? Similar like mine, or maybe some blades can improve the shave?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. SweeneyTodd

SweeneyTodd Veteran

I have a few Rockets, of which the most aggressive is an English Red Tip. However, compared to some other razors, it's quite mild; as I find are most TTO Gillettes.

I get best results from Nacet blades.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Z-2, SeanC and missingskin like this.
  3. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

Blades at the sharper end of the spectrum will help. Aside from Nacet which has been mentioned, try Perma-Sharp, 7 O'clock Yellow, PSI or Personna Lab Blue

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Z-2 and missingskin like this.
  4. Z-2

Z-2 Guru

Ok, thanks guys ! I will try sharper blade :highfive: I have Polsilver and Gillette Platinum

5. bambrit

bambrit Guru

I don't have the flair tip rocket but I have a regular rocket(63g) and 2 HD rocket's (57g &71g). The regular rocket is far too mild for my liking and I have tried the sharpest blades and shimming and just can't get it to work. The HD's on the other hand are definitely more aggressive, my go-to razors 99% of the time and on a slim adjustable, I would call the regular rocket a 1 and the HD's a 4-5.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice