Gillette Pure shaving cream

Yehuda D

Forum GOD!
5B615979-FA8E-4E9B-8B19-01C044008FE4.jpeg
My daddy-in-law bought one for himself and one for me. I really didn’t want it at first but I accepted it anyway and I’ll give it a try tomorrow. It’s apparently usable with a brush so let’s see how it works!

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I bought a tube earlier this year. It does indeed work well with a brush. Not the slickest or the most cushion in the world and the scent is kind of ho hum and uninteresting but it is serviceable cream at a very reasonable price. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.

Yehuda D

Forum GOD!
I might as well review the cream now:

Ease of lathering: 10/10–Great lather fast and easily. Just a small amount is needed.

Longevity of lather: 10/10–Perfect stability. No thinning or dissipation.

General skincare: 8/10–Pretty good. Soothing, moisturizing, and a light cooling effect.

Scent: 5/10–To be honest I find it weird and not in a nice way.

Price: N/A—I don’t have a clue. My father-in-law bought it for me.

Would I buy again: 0/10–Absolutely never again. I might not even continue using this tube or just use it on rare occasions.

There you have it - I ain’t impressed!

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I might as well review the cream now:

Ease of lathering: 10/10–Great lather fast and easily. Just a small amount is needed.

Longevity of lather: 10/10–Perfect stability. No thinning or dissipation.

General skincare: 8/10–Pretty good. Soothing, moisturizing, and a light cooling effect.

Scent: 5/10–To be honest I find it weird and not in a nice way.

Price: N/A—I don’t have a clue. My father-in-law bought it for me.

Would I buy again: 0/10–Absolutely never again. I might not even continue using this tube or just use it on rare occasions.

There you have it - I ain’t impressed!
It's $6.50 in the US.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
It would be good for someone with sensitivities to scent and other stuff you find in most shaving creams. It's marketed as being for people with sensitive skin. I have used my tube exactly twice earlier in the year and have yet to reach for it. But if I had a tendency to break out from many creams and soaps, I'd probably be using it. Fortunately I don't.