Gillette Nacets

boilerphan

Forum GOD!
This thread is a perfect illustration of the YMMV phenomenon. Nacets are likely my second favorite behind GSBs with Voskhod not far behind.

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
This thread is a perfect illustration of the YMMV phenomenon. Nacets are likely my second favorite behind GSBs with Voskhod not far behind.
And that’s what I find even more bizarre, Voskhod are my number 1, GSBs are very acceptable and Nacet are like a blunt rusty cheese grater.
How can there be such a drastic change when we get on with two similarly.

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
I’ve use GSB’s Nacets and Rubie’s all excellent blades and I’ll be honest I don’t think I can tell any difference between than?

jFrode

Had big hopes for these, but they have disappointed me so far. I just don’t find them sharp enough. I am still looking for that magic one. So far Astra and GSB are on my top. Ok sharp and quite smooth. Feather’s are ok, but they dull quite fast I find. I will give the Nacet blades another run in my adjustable on most aggressive. Maybe in my R41, but dull blades in that one is a recipe for disaster. What are sharp blades that holds more than two shaves? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
I recently tried Nacets for the first time. Absolutely amazing in their smoothness and sharpness, up there with my best shaves. one blade lasted me 7 shaves before i switched it out. I found Voshkod to be rough and only lasted one shave.

jFrode

I most have been given a bad batch. I am aware that I have somewhat of a demanding stubble profile, but I am sure I can get a better shave with Derby’s. Last try tomorrow. If not any better, 20x4 blades blades will find themselves binned. One tried from every package of five.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I most have been given a bad batch. I am aware that I have somewhat of a demanding stubble profile, but I am sure I can get a better shave with Derby’s. Last try tomorrow. If not any better, 20x4 blades blades will find themselves binned. One tried from every package of five.

Send them to me. Anybody that rates Derbys must be in need of medical help and be mistaken regarding the Nacet. !! :D .

( Please note smilie face in as much as I am not being rude ) !!!!!

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!

Yeah don't chuck em. I've got 2 packs of derbys I'm not going to use