-Gillette Mach 3 VS Gillette Mach 3 Turbo VS Gillette Sensor Exel -

Gillette Mach 3 VS Gillette Mach 3 Turbo VS Gillette Sensor Exel

• Gillette Mach 3

• Gillette Mach 3 Turbo

• Gillette Sensor Exel

Results are only viewable after voting.

idan

Über Member
What are the differences between them? And what shaves faster and closer?
I have a very heavy + dense beard
Thank you very much...

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I find the plain Mach3 gives me the closest, irritation-free shave. Both the Turbo version and the Sensor Excel leave my face feeling irritated if I try to get a close shave. Also, the plain Sensor gives me an irritation-free shave as close as the Mach3.

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
Funny, on the "other" forum I also recommended the Mach3. Second hand recommendation, because I never used them, but I believe people often report the Mach3 being the best cartridge razor that Gillette produced.

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

Belfont

Forum GOD!
In my opinion, the M3 Turbo shaved as well as the M3,
the difference is that I was doing 20/25 shave with the M3 and at least 40 with the M3 Turbo.
I use it much less at the moment, only for touch-ups in difficult areas after 2 D. E. passes.
These are very good razors, the shaving obtained is as good as with a D. E., with a good technique, a good foam and a good brush, of course.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I find the plain Mach3 gives me the closest, irritation-free shave. Both the Turbo version and the Sensor Excel leave my face feeling irritated if I try to get a close shave. Also, the plain Sensor gives me an irritation-free shave as close as the Mach3.
I tried a Gillette Trac2 cart. this morning and ended up finishing my shave with my Mach3. The Trac2 was just too harsh for my liking.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
I tried a Gillette Trac2 cart. this morning and ended up finishing my shave with my Mach3. The Trac2 was just to harsh for my liking.
Really? They are basically the only cartridges I use. YMMV :)

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

Sabre

Forum GOD!
I have just shaved with a fresh Mach3. I have a close smooth shave. However, I can probably just get a close shave with either a Quattro Titanium, EasyFit 3 (Hydro 3 Mk1), or the current Hydro 3.

Lord Fatboy

Forum GOD!
If I have to use a cart, tho I never do, then it's the Mach 3 especially the red handle with the green sensitive carts. Lady Fatboy uses same on her legs.

Gillette fanboys
Don't mind the troll. All he uses are carts. I, however, only use carts when I'm traveling. And since I have a huge stash of Mach 3 (turbos I think) carts from my many years of only using carts, I'll keep using them until they are gone. I doubt I'll outlast the stash though. I just get a far superior shave from my favored double edge, a New Deluxe. Or any double edge for that matter.

Last edited:

Lord Fatboy

Forum GOD!
There are some men who are so offended by an advert that gillette put out that it haunts their waking dreams lol.
Even though that advert was produced, directed and written by the spectral apparition of King Kamp Gillette himself, it will never be as bad as Schick's terribly misjudged 2017 marketing ploy; "Free mandatory vasectomy with every winning can of shaving cream".

As if we'd'e ever use canned shaving cream... yuck.