Gillette Heated Razor

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
a) If you want a heated razor in that price range, buy a brass Hone 15 and put in hot water for a few minutes
b) I do enjoy cold water shaves. Does it cool as well as heat?
c) Come on Gillette! Pass around!

R181

Grumpy old man
That's a good one, joke that is, do you know another? Just another solution to a none existent problem.

Bob

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
No way. First of all, I've tried to eliminate heat from my shaves lately. I'm using hot tap water for my lather but that's it. Cold water to rinse between each pass. And heat takes a little time to work it's magic if you are going to use heat, a warm razor going over your face will do nothing. It's the lather that you want warm and that is what scuttles are for.

Last edited:

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
No way. First of all, I've tried to eliminate heat from my shaves lately. I'm using hot tap water for my lather but that's it. Cold water to rinse between each pass. And heat takes a little time to work it's magic if you are going to use heat, a warm razor going over your face will do nothing. It's the lather that you want warm and that is what scuttles are for.
YMMV

slapo

It's... alive!
To be honest, while I wouldn't get one, most people I talk to give me funny looks if I mention I use anything but a cart or an electric shaver. When I showed the passaround Timeless, my flatmates were dumbstruck and couldn't believe the price for a bit.
I can see how someone could use and like the razor, as long as they like warm shaves and carts. Without actually having used the razor, it's difficult to say how gimmicky it really is.