Gillette enquiry

S

Steve Bowles

Is there a Gillette model that has all of the shaving attributes of the Slim, but with a more 'substantial' handle?

Left to right, the slim for reference:
Gillette black beauties are a bit more substantial (forgive the upside down random clone, I’ve loaned out all my long handle black beauties, but that razor is as long as the long handle version) The toggles a bit more so, probably the most substantial of the adjustables.
The fatboys are more substantial than the slim, but the Executives have better grip as they have the same knurling as the toggles.
Edit: thought I grabbed a Feather popular, but it was some random from a pile.

Attachments

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
From what I have read the Slim's head is a little flatter and the Fat Boy's domed more. In use I doubt you'd have much difference in the feel on the face. The Slim might be a little easier to work on the upper lip because of that. Can't say for sure as never used a Slim recently and I have a mustache anyway.

Bob

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Have both - FB 1959 ( my birth quarter - 4 ) and a 1966 Slim . ( the quarter 'we' won the world cup - ok I prefer the egg shaped ball to the round one but....... ). . Happy to take some pics IF that would help.

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
Is there a Gillette model that has all of the shaving attributes of the Slim, but with a more 'substantial' handle?
Hi there,

What you want is the long handle Black Beauty. Same head as the Slim with a different feel in the hand from that extra length.

Oh, I saw on another post you are quite the geezer. Special old bastard deal available for you onna nice BB razor if you like.

Martin

S

Steve Bowles

Hi there,

What you want is the long handle Black Beauty. Same head as the Slim with a different feel in the hand from that extra length.

Oh, I saw on another post you are quite the geezer. Special old bastard deal available for you onna nice BB razor if you like.

Martin
I am more than interested!