Gillette blades.

Freddiethestaffie

Forum GOD!
I am thinking of trying a different blade to my usual Vokshod.
Just lately they don't give me a smooth shave like they used to.
Gillette Yellows or GSB seem to get good reviews.
My Fatip OC is the razor I use most. Any thoughts guys.

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I get on well with Voskhod.
Also get on well with Shark Super Stainless, Sputnik, Personna Super Stainless.
As for Gillette GSB and 7o’clock Black have been ok if that’s any help.

Worst for me were Nacet, which felt like they had their edge cut into an OC pattern.

Freddiethestaffie

Forum GOD!
I get on well with Voskhod.
Also get on well with Shark Super Stainless, Sputnik, Personna Super Stainless.
As for Gillette GSB and 7o’clock Black have been ok if that’s any help.

Worst for me were Nacet, which felt like they had their edge cut into an OC pattern.
I've used Voskhod for some time and they have always been a very good blade. The last few have not been good, I suppose it could be a bad batch.
Thanks for the advice I will get a few of each to try.

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
I recently tried a Gillette Seven o'Clock Green Super Stainless, the Russian blade in a Fatip OC. Very smooth and plenty sharp.I was thinking of trying a Vokshod next!, maybe i'll try the Gillette yellow instead.

Freddiethestaffie

Forum GOD!
I recently tried a Gillette Seven o'Clock Green Super Stainless, the Russian blade in a Fatip OC. Very smooth and plenty sharp.I was thinking of trying a Vokshod next!, maybe i'll try the Gillette yellow instead.
Could just have been a bad batch.
Normally Russian blades are very good but I think I will try and different blade.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I don't think any of the Gillette blades I have tried have been bad. Blacks, blue , yellow , GSB, Nacet etc etc. What I have found though is that I am getting fussy about used blades. Cannot understand peeps trying to get 10 shaves out of one of these. I shave 3 times a week max. Have been running blades to 3/4 uses but even that now I am slimming to 2 max on one blade simply because the new blade is SO much kinder and efficient to my face. Heck , they are not exactly expensive. At that rate , 2 a week is only a 'cock' a year.

Freddiethestaffie

Forum GOD!
I don't think any of the Gillette blades I have tried have been bad. Blacks, blue , yellow , GSB, Nacet etc etc. What I have found though is that I am getting fussy about used blades. Cannot understand peeps trying to get 10 shaves out of one of these. I shave 3 times a week max. Have been running blades to 3/4 uses but even that now I am slimming to 2 max on one blade simply because the new blade is SO much kinder and efficient to my face. Heck , they are not exactly expensive. At that rate , 2 a week is only a 'cock' a year.
Me too. I normally toss them after 3 shaves.

Freddiethestaffie

Forum GOD!
I agree, I normally toss them after 3 shaves.

georgesg

Forum GOD!
I just started using this Gillette 7 o’clock yellow and have had good results. I also toss after three uses, which works better for me.
Interesting about the Voskhod, I had very unpleasant experiences with those, very rough, as well as, tugging and pulling; maybe just a bad pack of blades.

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
Sounds like me. Very few blades distinguish themselves as noticeably better or worse then others, which ought not be surprising. Gillette and other blade makers have long capitalized on consumer ability to imagine difference and improvement where there is none.