Gibbs Adjustable Replica from Heritage Collection Shaving

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Just a reminder, it was a really good shave today. :thumbsup:
Smooth and easy with no harshness anywhere in this razors range of adjustment. I can’t speak for everyone else and their experiences with the Heritage Gibbs Replica but, I have nothing negative to say about this creation. Once the orientation is cleared by simply turning the baseplate 180 degrees, it’s smooth sailing. Pick your blade of choice, install and off one goes to whisker reducing duties. And for the $$$ (hopefully it stays within that range if any other batches are offered in the future) outlay, it’s one heck of deal. Solid, solid razor that gets you very close in shave performance & feel to the Legend it was modeled after.

AB52C3D3-EC56-4EC2-A3F7-12E92AE9DA14.jpeg

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Fantastic shave with this underdog that could. A wonderful 2 pass shave that left no doubt on what finish it left on my skin both face and neck. A face rubbing and shit eating grin of a BBS finish, plain and simple. I will not tell you you that this is a MUST have razor or it is an essential piece of hardware that should be in every man’s shave collection (or woman if we’re playing even stevens) but, if a shaver has ever wanted to get the famed but, very hard to find in excellent condition Legendary Gibbs, this little razor can get you close enough if not identical to that aforementioned juggernaut that is the Le Reglable Gibbs. The Heritage gives one a really, really excellent shave.

Good Friday, many blessings to all and a safe Passover to my Jewish shave bro-hams.

Great shaves to all….

4A6E550F-0906-4DF9-875B-E91D2311CDB9.jpeg

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Excellent shave this morning. Started on 4 and finished on N (3) for a 2.5 pass BBS finale. Buttery smooth with just the right amount of blade feel to let one know whats going on in the business end of the shave. The audible trait is also quite welcome as this gives a confirmation that both razor & blade combo are working in unison to near perfection. I like the sound as well though there are others that might sound a bit more vividly, this still delivers wonderful hair cutting music to one’s eardrums.

Great shaves to all…

E515FFB3-150A-4D7E-BC69-3285407F2D00.jpeg

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
No news on the potential release of an all Brass or Stainless version of the Gibbs Replica by Heritage Collection Shaving but, I still have the Brass/Zamak version that still shaves beautifully and gives a very good accounting on the original. Used the same Schick blade from the previous days shave and it was as smooth & comfortable a shave that I’ve given myself with the Gibbs Heritage replica. The Ethos soap gave an excellent base of protection & glide for the Heritage Gibbs that was easy sailing from start to finish. The scent of the Ethos set is just as good with a classic Vetiver vibe with citrus undertones to give it a classical yet modern feel. The Schick blade has been better than advertised and has proven to be a top tier performer in the razors that I’ve used them in so far.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing soon enough the Brass or Stainless offerings from Heritage that I’m sure will give at least equal performance to this version with an upgrade in alloy and potential longevity. Fingers crossed.

Great shaves to all….

221A829E-26F3-4DB9-A155-AE9174E9FEAB.jpeg