Garden sprinklers

Discussion in 'Recreation, Hobbies & Interests' started by p.b, Jun 24, 2018.

1. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Before there's a hose-ban I'd like to see if I can rescue my lawn. I've had the type like this: upload_2018-6-24_20-17-46.png
    which work OK - they get into corners.

But are there better one available? Cheers, Paul

2. Grishnak

Grishnak Über Member

I’ve exactly the same one, but mine is the other way round (the attachment is on the right).

Not that I have any vast experience, but they seem more efficient at covering areas than circular ones.
    I got mine for the dog, she loves playing in it, but is very unhappy in the shower.....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    p.b likes this.
  3. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Forum GOD!

They seem to get the job done. What’s important is not to water in the middle of the day. Instead, try watering in the early morning. Also, make sure that you leave the sprinkler on long enough for a good deep watering. Fortunately, I have a central irrigation system, which comes on automatically early in the morning.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  4. Bizzyberry

Bizzyberry Forum GOD!

Only one I have ever had is an older version of the one below. It works great many years of service. I have one square lawn and one rectangular lawn, both need to be done in sections but the way it adjusts prevents wasteful overspray.

[​IMG]

p.b likes this.
  5. halvor

halvor Esquire

A knowledgeable fella advised in last week’s paper NOT to water the lawn. The idea being that not offering the roots water forces them to stretch downward, over time obviously, in effect building up the resilience of the grass. So while it will or may turn brown and dry now, it will return stronger.

This in a Norwegian context, which should be roughly comparable to UK in not exactly being situated on the equator...

6. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Yes - this is also applicable but I'm trying to grow some new grass so it'll need a bit of water.

Grishnak likes this.
  7. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Forum GOD!

I think this would depend on the grass variety and if it has deep roots or shallow roots naturally. For growing grape vines, however, this is what is done. Where I live, Southern Ontario, Canada, it is recommended that a lawn receive 1-1.5 inches of water per week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice