Game of Thrones

bandito

Ex-Addict
Love it. Best thing I've ever seen. The only negative is that it's pretty much ruined TV for me. Ah well, it was worth it! :)

LeeBot

Forum GOD!
Enjoyed it. Not an all action spectacle but the first episode rarely is. A few highlights were....

The Hound and his sharp appraisal of Thoros' top-knot
Jamie Lannister's "Three at most" comment to Cersei...that painted map was good as well
Euron Greyjoy's performance in front of Cersei
The fall of House Frey
Tormund Giantsbane giving Brienne the eye while she was training Podrick

LeeBot

Forum GOD!
Very good episode.

Euron Greyjoy's obvious plot armour was a bit grating and the action scenes seem to have gone a bit Michael Bay compared to earlier seasons but it's a minor quibble especially when the actor's throwing himself into it as well as he is.
Varys squirming was good and his riposte about where his loyalties ultimately lay was good.
Ian Glen pulling a face that could give you nightmares when Sam was peeling away Jorah's grayscale...and that cut to the pie was fun.
Getting rid of a few sand-snakes. They could have been brilliant but they were poorly written characters with absolutely no depth...a whip? Really?
I'd have thought there would have been a mention about House Frey during the Winterfell scenes? The murder of pretty much the entire male side of the family by a girl who mentioned Wolves might have caused more of a ripple.

Nick_S

Beer & Blades
Very good episode.

Euron Greyjoy's obvious plot armour was a bit grating and the action scenes seem to have gone a bit Michael Bay compared to earlier seasons but it's a minor quibble especially when the actor's throwing himself into it as well as he is.
Varys squirming was good and his riposte about where his loyalties ultimately lay was good.
Ian Glen pulling a face that could give you nightmares when Sam was peeling away Jorah's grayscale...and that cut to the pie was fun.
Getting rid of a few sand-snakes. They could have been brilliant but they were poorly written characters with absolutely no depth...a whip? Really?
I'd have thought there would have been a mention about House Frey during the Winterfell scenes? The murder of pretty much the entire male side of the family by a girl who mentioned Wolves might have caused more of a ripple.
I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I was a bit disappointed in Theon bailing overboard, but I said to the wife it'll be a choice of Reek returning or he'll go ape and wreak havoc. He chose the former :( I do wonder how much effect that particular part of the war will have on the Targaeryan take over.

I suspect the epic murder of the Frey household will come about in the next couple of episodes, as and when Arya returns to Winterfell. Providing there is a Winterfell left given where John has gone, leaving Sansa and Littlefinger 'in charge'.

I also think it will be interesting how House Tarley's fate pans out. Will he side with Tyrell or Lannister? Interesting times.

Francorelli

Forum fella
I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I was a bit disappointed in Theon bailing overboard, but I said to the wife it'll be a choice of Reek returning or he'll go ape and wreak havoc. He chose the former :( I do wonder how much effect that particular part of the war will have on the Targaeryan take over.

I suspect the epic murder of the Frey household will come about in the next couple of episodes, as and when Arya returns to Winterfell. Providing there is a Winterfell left given where John has gone, leaving Sansa and Littlefinger 'in charge'.

I also think it will be interesting how House Tarley's fate pans out. Will he side with Tyrell or Lannister? Interesting times.
Was I the only one a little disappointed with Cersei's 'secret anti-dragon defence'? So, it's ...a Ballista. I was expecting something a bit more fiendish or magical.

No matter. I'm still enjoying the ride.

Last edited: