Fitjar soaps and creams available again

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Bah, will have to wait for it to be available in the tubs then. Ah well, at least I have some Alpine Frost to see me through the wait.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Bah, will have to wait for it to be available in the tubs then. Ah well, at least I have some Alpine Frost to see me through the wait.
Have you tried Razor masters Ari Pine? A really nice pat, tar, almost petrol tone to the puck. Needs a heavy load to get past a foamy texture. Shaving Station have them on offer.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
What are the ingredients for the soap? The ones I had from back in the day had SLS in. I'm not too bothered about having SLS in it, but the lather was average.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
It's interesting that the ingredients via Fitjar's website is available for creams but not soap.

vtmax

Forum GOD!
Great thread! Chris Fisher way back on the shavemyface forum introduced us to her products. So happy their back!:okay:

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Have you tried Razor masters Ari Pine? A really nice pat, tar, almost petrol tone to the puck. Needs a heavy load to get past a foamy texture. Shaving Station have them on offer.
I'm not sure on the petrol notes. :/

halvor

a most elusive fish
Soaps in jars are now available ...

How come the refill is more than the tub?
prices seem to be corrected jar vs refill ...

It's interesting that the ingredients via Fitjar's website is available for creams but not soap.
...and ingredients are listed!

http://www.fitjarislands.com/product-category/contemporary-shaving/artisan-shaving-soaps/

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Still enjoying the Fjellheim just have to load it like I hate it for two passes.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Still enjoying the Fjellheim just have to load it like I hate it for two passes.
Told you to get the cream... or maybe I didn't? Anyway, for those contemplating a purchase, I suggest getting the cream. It's not a sticky consistency, rather like a firm clay balm, and I load straight from the jar with great success.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Told you to get the cream... or maybe I didn't? Anyway, for those contemplating a purchase, I suggest getting the cream. It's not a sticky consistency, rather like a firm clay balm, and I load straight from the jar with great success.
I think you did, but I was too impatient :p
Not an issue really though, pull out the latest unique and bully the soap. The scent I am really enjoying a superb fresh fern/spruce almost crushed pine needle scent. Performance is very good too.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
My Fitjar fjellheim soap arrived today and I've given it its first go.

First impressions were excellent, the jar is a really nice item, it's plastic but it looks and feels like frosted glass it's pretty much just the warmth in the hand that gives it away. Actually I prefer this to glass, it should survive accidental drops and I won't need to worry travelling with it. The logo on the lid aligns with the label on the jar too! I will happily keep the jar and buy a refill when the puck's done. This should be no time soon as the soap is one of the hardest artisan soaps I've come across. The scent in the jar is exactly like I'd just cut down a Christmas tree, pine needles and freshly-cut wood.

I loaded my Fatip with a fresh med prep, washed my face and set about lathering this puppy with my Chubby 2 synth. When lathered the juniper comes to the fore, it's a really nice clean scent and unlike anything else I've used. The lather was rich but not particularly voluminous, more like yogurt than whipped cream, glossy and very slick. I generally prefer my lather on the wet and sloppy side as I prize slickness most of all, so this suited me just fine and provided a very comfortable shave despite the fact that I'd just had a quick wash instead of a shower. Post-shave was great, not drying at all.

Jorunn had also included a sample of fjellheim balm, normally my post-shave routine consists of rinse and done but I tried some and very nice it is too. A little goes a long way so I should get quite a few goes out of the little bottle.

All in all I'm very pleased with it. :)

halvor

a most elusive fish
My Fitjar fjellheim soap arrived today and I've given it its first go.

First impressions were excellent, the jar is a really nice item, it's plastic but it looks and feels like frosted glass it's pretty much just the warmth in the hand that gives it away. Actually I prefer this to glass, it should survive accidental drops and I won't need to worry travelling with it. The logo on the lid aligns with the label on the jar too! I will happily keep the jar and buy a refill when the puck's done. This should be no time soon as the soap is one of the hardest artisan soaps I've come across. The scent in the jar is exactly like I'd just cut down a Christmas tree, pine needles and freshly-cut wood.

I loaded my Fatip with a fresh med prep, washed my face and set about lathering this puppy with my Chubby 2 synth. When lathered the juniper comes to the fore, it's a really nice clean scent and unlike anything else I've used. The lather was rich but not particularly voluminous, more like yogurt than whipped cream, glossy and very slick. I generally prefer my lather on the wet and sloppy side as I prize slickness most of all, so this suited me just fine and provided a very comfortable shave despite the fact that I'd just had a quick wash instead of a shower. Post-shave was great, not drying at all.

Jorunn had also included a sample of fjellheim balm, normally my post-shave routine consists of rinse and done but I tried some and very nice it is too. A little goes a long way so I should get quite a few goes out of the little bottle.

All in all I'm very pleased with it. :)
Glad you like it! It's precisely the yoghurt consistency of Fitjar that I appreciate the most. And the Fjellheim scent is superb too.