First run out with the Muhle r41

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
First try of the Muhle r41 ,Astra blade ,Trumpers cream and I’m off ,True it talks to you as you shave and you can feel it work but no irritation at all ,Right try head with it ,Again no irritation but only went with the grain on head ,Gave a quick run against and could really feel it working but preferred only with ,2 Paases on face and head and lovely ,On with the aftershave and bit disappointed as no sting either ,Not sure if it’s years of straight razor shaving gives you ideas about angles or respect for your razors but something clicked ,Next shave will be a bloodbath now lol

R181

Grumpy old man
Not sure if it’s years of straight razor shaving gives you ideas about angles or respect for your razors but something clicked ,Next shave will be a bloodbath now lol
Yes, I believe you are correct. I could not use a Gillette Fat Boy at more than #6 setting but after getting competent with a straight razor I use it at #9 setting with no trouble. I doubt the next shave will be a blood bath.

Bob

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
Yes, I believe you are correct. I could not use a Gillette Fat Boy at more than #6 setting but after getting competent with a straight razor I use it at #9 setting with no trouble. I doubt the next shave will be a blood bath.

Bob

Bob
Thunder Bay Bob? ,Wife’s from Prince Edward Island ,Spend our holidays there ,Jope to retire to Canada

Minniegoon

Veteran
My first try with an R41 was a bit of a disaster. Blade choice is very important with this one. My advice don't do what I did and throw a Derby Extra in there, My go to Polsilver works a treat though.

S

Steve Bowles

There a couple of guys on here (or maybe the other place, I forget) that actually use a Feather in the R41! Those whom the Gods would destroy...

shadowman12

Legendary Member
There a couple of guys on here (or maybe the other place, I forget) that actually use a Feather in the R41! Those whom the Gods would destroy...
I do that, have a very stiff beard. But using cold water, no warm water anymore for me. It all comes down to good technique and good preparation(including pre shave). Short strokes, 30% degree angle, no pressure and so on.

Last edited: