First Canadian

Str8_Shaver

Forum GOD!
I received First Canadian 'Kink' this week, and let me tell ya, this one far exceeded my expectations... credit where it's due.. this blew me away.... it's not a meringue type lather, it will probably seem a little flat to some, but it's thick, glossy, and the performance and slickness are out of this world. Yeah, top tier as far as I'm concerned!

R181

Grumpy old man
Got some First Canadian soaps a few years back and thought they were pretty good too.

Bob

JAYDEE

Israeli Ambassador to ATG
The only one I have is Polar Vortex and that's a menthol atom bomb. Does it ever lather great. The skincare is slightly lacking as opposed to Stirling or OSP but it's not too bad.

Jeff

R181

Grumpy old man
they were taken over last year.... I don't know about the old formulas, but this new stuff is pretty mind blowing...:hyper:
Interesting, I did not know they changed hands. Had no complaints about the old stuff I have so if the new stuff is as good or better it should be pretty decent. I tend not to get too excited about soaps/creams anymore.

Bob

MattM97

Forum GOD!
So I know the former owner and currents owners. The previous base was good but not a stand out but you got a good soap for the price you paid I think. The newer base that Randy has are much softer almost a cream over a soap but the soap is mixed much better so no separation or anything like that but before the soap still worked this is just more visually appealing.

The new soaps Randy is slowly updating the labels to waterproof which are a nice touch vs the old ones with side labels as well. He's also rolling out aftershaves this week, alcohol free for the curious due to shipping into the US and beyond.

It's a really slick and dense lather kinda like Declaration Grooming where it's almost oily for how much fat is in the soap but it works and the formula always did for me. It's not a favorite soap base of mine but it never a bad shave when I use it.

If anyone has any questions about First Canadian I can ask or I might know off the top of my head. And just for the admins I'm just local to the artisan and not affiliated with First Canadian in any way other than being a customer and I guess friend as well.