Fine splash bottles

Tommo

Forum GOD!
20180525_160404.jpg

Other than the shape of the bottles is there any difference between these fine splashes?

Dr Watson

James
Apparently the latest shape are a little different, I've seen reports of weaker scent strength which doesnt last as long. It coincided with the price hike and to my mind was done to create a market for the newly released EdT's. I mean, who would buy the EdT if the AS lasts most of the day?

Tommo

Forum GOD!
The 2 round shoulder bottles I've had for roughly a year. The square bottles with white lids came as part of a job lot, I would expect these to be older.

halvor

a most elusive fish
The 2 round shoulder bottles I've had for roughly a year. The square bottles with white lids came as part of a job lot, I would expect these to be older.
It’s the other way around, square is more recent.

Dr Watson

James
It’s the other way around, square is more recent.
Pretty sure the square bottles are the originals, followed by the hip flask style. These are the latest:

Fiine_New_Bottles_900x.jpg

I'm only so certain as in my three years of wet shaving the square ones have never been available to purchase, whereas the hip flask style ones have.

halvor

a most elusive fish

Dr Watson

James
So the consensus is square bottles are older but other than shape, no difference?
Kind of.

Italian Citrus in the original square bottles uses a different perfume oil to the later ones, and after the initial change over to hip flask bottles the first batch included extra menthol... Something Mr Fine quickly scrapped after customer feedback was mostly negative.