Fine splash bottles

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tommo, May 25, 2018.

1. Tommo

Tommo Fancy a trade?

20180525_160404.jpg

Other than the shape of the bottles is there any difference between these fine splashes?

2. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Forum GOD!

Are the ones with white tops genuine? I've never seen those before

Tommo likes this.
  3. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Tommo likes this.
  4. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

Apparently the latest shape are a little different, I've seen reports of weaker scent strength which doesnt last as long. It coincided with the price hike and to my mind was done to create a market for the newly released EdT's. I mean, who would buy the EdT if the AS lasts most of the day?

Tommo likes this.
  5. Tommo

Tommo Fancy a trade?

The 2 round shoulder bottles I've had for roughly a year. The square bottles with white lids came as part of a job lot, I would expect these to be older.

6. halvor

halvor Esquire

It’s the other way around, square is more recent.

Tommo likes this.
  7. Dr Watson

Pretty sure the square bottles are the originals, followed by the hip flask style. These are the latest:

Fiine_New_Bottles_900x.jpg

I'm only so certain as in my three years of wet shaving the square ones have never been available to purchase, whereas the hip flask style ones have.

Tommo and halvor like this.
  8. halvor

halvor Esquire

Dr Watson and Tommo like this.
  9. Tommo

Tommo Fancy a trade?

So the consensus is square bottles are older but other than shape, no difference?

10. Dr Watson

Kind of.

Italian Citrus in the original square bottles uses a different perfume oil to the later ones, and after the initial change over to hip flask bottles the first batch included extra menthol... Something Mr Fine quickly scrapped after customer feedback was mostly negative.

Tommo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice