Feather Artist Club SS folding & non folding

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, if it is please move it call me a buffoon.

Has anyone used both the folding & straight feather Artist Club razors? I've got the folding one & I struggle with my left hand, so I'm practicing using my right hand only. However, when I try to do my left hand side of my face I struggle unless I straighten the handle out. So I'm wondering whether to try & swap if for a straight handle razor. Thoughts appreciated please.

Grarea

Forum Plod
I am no expert but i am learning with a feather non folding.
I started with an SS and now have a DX.
I tried holding a regular folding straight (didn't shave with it) and the non folding just seemed to make sense to my
(simpler) brain.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
I use both hands that's something I started from day one I started off using a Feather Artist club then I eventually moved up to a straight razor, not all people can use both hands I'm right handed but I'm just as comfortable using my left, I use to get great shaves using my Feather AC-DX loaded with a Feather Pro blade.

MrK1

Forum GOD!
Not sure I understand the problem.

Nothing wrong with straightening out the handle.

I have a folding and non folding and alternate using them.

So.... you should buy a non folding as well!

Grarea

Forum Plod

One for each hand?
Shave like a ninja!

The problem is, I only want to use 1 razor. Yeah I appreciate I could use the folding one & straighten the handle out a few times during the shave.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, if it is please move it call me a buffoon.

Has anyone used both the folding & straight feather Artist Club razors? I've got the folding one & I struggle with my left hand, so I'm practicing using my right hand only. However, when I try to do my left hand side of my face I struggle unless I straighten the handle out. So I'm wondering whether to try & swap if for a straight handle razor. Thoughts appreciated please.
I use just the one hand for shaving with a straight and find there are just a couple of areas where I need to straighten the handle to reach properly. It’s not an issue in my opinion and I much prefer the balance of a folding handle over a traditional Kamisori for the rest of my fizzog. As with everything, practice is the key - enough shaves under your belt and soon you stop thinking about how you are achieving those baby bottom results.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Another thought Shaun - even if you did change to a straight type of Kamisori, you will still be holding it in the same position as a folding one when you you shave the left side of your face. It’s not physically possible (in my opinion or experience) to use the same side of a straight razor for both sides of your face. Imagine that you were able to change hands when using your straight, then you are also changing the side of the razor, which is exactly what you are doing by straightening the handle and using just your right hand.

Cheesepiece

Stickler
I've had both and your post is exactly why I prefer the kamisori and got rid of the folder.
I use only my dominant hand to shave.
The left can barely catch a cricket ball on its own, never mind the fine motor skills required when bringing a cutting edge in and around face.

Another thought Shaun - even if you did change to a straight type of Kamisori, you will still be holding it in the same position as a folding one when you you shave the left side of your face. It’s not physically possible (in my opinion or experience) to use the same side of a straight razor for both sides of your face. Imagine that you were able to change hands when using your straight, then you are also changing the side of the razor, which is exactly what you are doing by straightening the handle and using just your right hand.
Hi Rob, it’s an old post & I gave up on them & straights. Just couldn’t get it right & having anxiety I just walked away. Thanks for the reply though.