Feather Artist Club blades comparison

SmileyFace

My ATT single edge is in the mail. Since the artist club blades are three times more expensive than most DE blades, I'm hoping someone can help me whittle down the difference between them.

There are Kais, which are more than Feathers, so I'm not interested in them.

There are Feather Proguards, but they seem like they'd be useful in a shavette; not so useful in a SS razor head.

So that leaves me with Feather Prolights, Feather Professionals, and the Feather Supers. What are the differences between them?

halvor

a most elusive fish
Don't ignore the guarded ones. I prefer Kai's ProTouch MG over Feather ProGuard. You're sure to get a smooth shave with virtually any sort of razor with this blade. That aside, I prefer Feathers. The Super Pros are slightly thicker and wider than the Pros and therefore tend to be perceived as more aggressive, since they protrude more and are even more rigid.

Couple of other threads on this already. See http://www.atgshaving.com/threads/kai-pro-touch-mg.4349/ where I also posted an overview of the various Feathers and their dimensions.

Why not try a sample pack? Available from shavedash.com or tryablade.com. Then you can try one or two of each.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Not sure just how much the price difference is between Feather and Kai, but it can't be a great deal when you consider the expected number of shaves - usually into double figures. Mt experience is that Kai Captain Pink mild is a better blade than either the Feather Pro or Guard. I used the Pro Super just once (in a Cobra), big mistake and I gave the rest away so can't really give an informed opinion.

lestorfreemon

Forum GOD!
Feather Supers are by far the most aggressive of the Artist Club blades. Very close shave but caution is necessary to get away nick free.

p.b

Forum GOD!
I strongly suggest getting several of each sort from Shavedash. Blades are so personal only you can decide

Keto

Forum GOD!
Feather Supers are by far the most aggressive of the Artist Club blades. Very close shave but caution is necessary to get away nick free.
Old thread come to life!
So if feather supers are still the most aggressive or Sharp.I'd like to know what might be just one step down, or at least a couple of possibilities.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Old thread come to life!
So if feather supers are still the most aggressive or Sharp.I'd like to know what might be just one step down, or at least a couple of possibilities.
Feather Pros or Schick Proline

snackgoblin

Über Member
The Schick "Proline" is an excellent blade...I have been experimenting with the Blackland Vector as of late (I must mention here that Shane, the artisan, is a first-rate guy). I am leaning towards the Feather Super as my preference, but, if you want to take the throttle down just a notch, the Proline is a perfect choice

Wintermute

Forum GOD!
I've tried just about all of the AC blades around and the Schick Proline are by far my favorite, in fact they're now my favorite blade overall including DE. The Schick blades are very efficient and very smooth, I very rarely get any weepers or irritation from them unlike the Feather Pros which are harsh in comparison.

I quite like the Kai Protouch guarded blades as well, not as close a shave but the guards are very good if you want a mild shave.

Personally I'd avoid the Feather blades altogether.

JohnN

Veteran
I’ve tried Schick Prolines, Feather Proguards, Kai Protouch MG so far in my Hawk V-3 OC. The Kai’s so far are the most comfortable, then the Proguards, Prolines are a little aggressive for my liking (headshaves). Want to try some Kai Titan Milds, I have to assume they are the same blade as the Protouch without the guard which should make them marginally more aggressive.