Feather ac blade alternatives

jaro101969

Forum GOD!
If I have a razor that takes feather artist club blades are there any other brands I can use or do I have to use feather blades? IE for a cjb kamisori which is a clone of the feather.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
You can use Feather blades, KAI blades, Schick blades, and a brand called 'Kamisori'. All these are made in Japan and are what we call "AC type SE blades".

Feather and KAI have a few different models of blades in their lineup.

rebski

When I bought the Feather DX clone 6" Univinlions it came with a blade. I haven't used it yet but some reports are very favourable. At the price it might be worth a punt to buy a stash of 10/50 or 100
Some sellers won't do the blades only but a search will find one who will. But the razor itself is so cheap, both straight and folding versions, that it is no great hardship to get the package.

Aliexpress link:
£6.79 39%OFF | 6"univinlions silver gold razor shaving razor barber tools hair razor blades shaving knife beard face underarm body anti slip
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bvzw0QWy

jaro101969

Forum GOD!
Thanks I'm looking for one of the folding versions that use as type but only ones I have seen cost to much for me to be able to buy right now and the only one that didn't cost alot doesn't ship to USA. Also they didn't take Paypal..

rebski

Ok, all I can say is that when I bought - possibly from the link provided though not certain - shipping to the UK was very quick and cheap. Also I used PayPal.

I didn't bother with the blades, mainly to keep the value below the tax and customs duty threshold. My observation is that Aliexpress sellers can vary in prices and conditions of sale. So a comparison may produce a result that suits. Good luck.

Last edited:

jaro101969

Forum GOD!
Ok, all I can say is that when I bought - possibly from the link provided though not certain - shipping to the UK was very quick and cheap. Also I used PayPal.

I didn't bother with the blades, mainly to keep the value below the tax and customs duty threshold. My observation is that Aliexpress sellers can vary in prices and conditions of sale. So a comparison may produce a result that suits. Good luck.
All the ones I saw either didn't ship to USA or wouldn't take PayPal. I will keep looking.