Feather ac blade alternatives

Discussion in 'Single Edge Blades' started by jaro101969, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jaro101969

jaro101969 Active Member

If I have a razor that takes feather artist club blades are there any other brands I can use or do I have to use feather blades? IE for a cjb kamisori which is a clone of the feather.

2. N_Architect

N_Architect Travel, See, Feel, Explore

You can use Feather blades, KAI blades, Schick blades, and a brand called 'Kamisori'. All these are made in Japan and are what we call "AC type SE blades".

Feather and KAI have a few different models of blades in their lineup.

2hot 2trot and Blademonkey like this.
  3. N_Architect

N_Architect Travel, See, Feel, Explore

4. Benz3ne

Benz3ne Legendary Member

Schick Proline P-30 blades are fantastic. Bear in mind, they don't feature the 'key' to insert into your razor.

5. culcreuch

culcreuch Ooooops!

All of the above....and Dorco (available from Maggards) will also fit

6. rebski

rebski Well-Known Member

When I bought the Feather DX clone 6" Univinlions it came with a blade. I haven't used it yet but some reports are very favourable. At the price it might be worth a punt to buy a stash of 10/50 or 100
    Some sellers won't do the blades only but a search will find one who will. But the razor itself is so cheap, both straight and folding versions, that it is no great hardship to get the package.

Aliexpress link:
    £6.79 39%OFF | 6"univinlions silver gold razor shaving razor barber tools hair razor blades shaving knife beard face underarm body anti slip
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bvzw0QWy

7. jaro101969

jaro101969 Active Member

Thanks I'm looking for one of the folding versions that use as type but only ones I have seen cost to much for me to be able to buy right now and the only one that didn't cost alot doesn't ship to USA. Also they didn't take Paypal..

8. rebski

rebski Well-Known Member

Ok, all I can say is that when I bought - possibly from the link provided though not certain - shipping to the UK was very quick and cheap. Also I used PayPal.

I didn't bother with the blades, mainly to keep the value below the tax and customs duty threshold. My observation is that Aliexpress sellers can vary in prices and conditions of sale. So a comparison may produce a result that suits. Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  9. jaro101969

jaro101969 Active Member

All the ones I saw either didn't ship to USA or wouldn't take PayPal. I will keep looking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice