Favourite aftershave(s)

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Nishy, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

What is your favourite post shave aftershave? This is purely for aftershaves not colognes, EDT, EDP etc.

So far mine are:
    Pitralon (Swiss)
    Speick
    Pinaud Modern Reserve

2. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Speick for me so far.
    Although Pitralon Original (Austrian?) and Lucido come pretty close.
    Myrsol K, I am a little disappointed with, it just feels like a straight up Alcohol splash, when I was expecting something more...

Nishy likes this.
  3. Pitralon Classic
    D.R Harris Marlborough
    Epsilon Blue Mediterranean
    Floid Vigoroso
    Fine (Great scent strength for a splash)
    Proraso Green
    Tabac

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    N_Architect, RandySp and Rowlers like this.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Forum Clod!

Yep Speick is also there for me as is:
    La Toja
    Proraso Green
    Epilson Blue.

Rowlers likes this.
  5. The Gentleman

The Gentleman Forum GOD!

Barrister's Reserve
    Chatillon Lux Toner
    Wholly Kaw Toner
    Ariana & Evans
    Speick
    Barbedaux

I have not considered scent, only "healing" properties.

Dr Watson likes this.
  6. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

Tabac Original - the obvious choice when using Tabac soap - I buy it in 300ml bottles.
    Tüff Sensitiv - very mild herby scent - doesn't clash with any smellies used afterwards. Cheaper than chips.
    Alcolado Glacial - in summer, although it's not strictly an ASL.
    4711 Portugal - Fresh. Hard to find. I have some bottles waiting for me in Germany.
    Speick was good, but I'm out and I have too may ASLs to consider buying more (except for the Portugal)

Rowlers likes this.
  7. morr

morr Forum GOD!

Pitralon Classic (love them all though)
    Floid MV
    Tabac
    Chatillon Lux Toner
    Clubman
    Bello Bay rum

I know balms are not considered, I just feel I should mention that the Dapper Dragon scale polish is my number post-shave product ever.

Rowlers likes this.
  8. Perhaps I’m too old school!
    Boots Bay Rum
    Old Spice original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nishy, Shaverrific666 and Rowlers like this.
  9. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

Uncertain if I can get away with saying Saponificio Varesino, easily the most healing/nourishing aftershave I've used but it is quite a thick lotion... I can splash it on but it's stretching the definition a little. I like Speick, Pitralon & B&M Reserve etc but if we are talking purely about performance rather than scents I find them no better than good old Thayers witch hazel with aloe which is for me just as good, doesn't have a strong scent to interfere with your Cologne and is nicely inexpensive (£12/350ml.)

Grishnak and Rowlers like this.
  10. DamianJ

DamianJ Forum GOD!

I quite like Proraso Red and find it quite moisturising for an aftershave splash.

I've got a couple of Myrsol splashes and as has been said above don't find them much more than alcohol and menthol.

I also quite liked Floid black.

Nishy and RandySp like this.
  11. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

Pitralon Classic (Green) is my favourite. The scent is to die for and face feel excellent. Sadly the scent doesn’t last very long.

Tüff Red is probably better for face feel than Pitralon. I do like the scent too but sadly the scent doesn’t last long on me either.

Chatillon Lux TSM Fourge̒re aftershave. Again the scent is stunning and surprising does hang around for a few hours. Face feel is excellent but I think their Toners are better in this regard.

Fine aftershave. I would say their aftershaves give the best face feel of any aftershave I’ve tried.

Rowlers likes this.
  12. ManicDee

ManicDee Inside a Dark Empty

Just wondering about the Fine aftershave, Does it's fragrance dissipate quickly and have you tried their edt range?

13. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

The scent does last on the aftershaves (I haven’t tried the aftershaves in the new square bottles though. I’ve read reports they don’t last as long). The American Blend is the longest lasting. Platinum does last for a couple of hours and does last longer if you get it on your clothes.

I did have the Platinum EDT but it didn’t last on my skin. I bought a bottle for my Dad at the same time and it does last longer on him.

ManicDee likes this.
  14. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

I forgot about Floid, inquire like the black too, original and vigaroso were OK (scent wise) to my nose.

DamianJ likes this.
  15. ManicDee

ManicDee Inside a Dark Empty

I agree with you there Damian, Moisturizing, lasting fragrance and relatively cheap

DamianJ likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice