FaceLatherers: when are you adding water?

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I cover the soap in warm water and leave it while I shower or if not showering for 5 minutes while the Badger soaks. I pour off most of the water from the tub and use a little for a pre soapy layer on the face. I then flick out the brush and load for 30 seconds, well thereabouts.
I start lathering and after getting a good layer of soap I add water until I have full coverage of lucsious, thick, hydrated, shiny lather. Then I proceed to cut my face to ribbons constantly cursing how poor the razor/blade combo is and binning the soap then hitting the BST to buy a new really expensive razor to use next time.
I do that too and blame the soap every time for not provide enough slickness, the moment that I keep shaving where there is no lather, and then blame the residual slickness.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Dave-the-rave

Forum GOD!
I start with a dripping wet brush. I don't see lathering as some sort of art.
Then again I use Tabac which does what's required just by asking it nicely.
 
Top