F1 2017

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Northam Saint, Apr 16, 2017.

  1. Northam Saint

    Northam Saint Forum GOD!

    At the moment it looks like it's going to be a tight season with some great racing.

    Personally as well I'm liking the look of the cars this year, specially the bigger tyres.

    I've always liked Ferrari, but still want Hamilton to win so mixed feelings. Lewis was catching up today, so at least he's keeping close. But he has to remember.

    IMG_2357.JPG
     
  2. N_Architect

    N_Architect Forum GOD!

    Location:
    ATH
    Looks like it'll be interesting this year. Let's see, it's a bit early.

    Lovely battles somewhere in the middle of the pack earlier today, with the Renault car, Alonso, etc.
    Ferrari is doing ok, Kimi could help even more (I wish).

    In anything we try to do or ultimately achieve in life, character/conduct is 90% and skills, expertise is the remaining 10%.
    Lewis falls highly short on that 90%. Same for Herr Schumacher. Brilliant drivers but no point watching the same movie this year.
    Character is not just persistence, strength and belief in one's ego. Character is more about conduct and gentlemanship.

    Massa was great as well, at least in the beginning today.
     
  3. Dipesh

    Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

    Was a great race but I firmly believe that bottas being sow cost Lewis a few seconds at least. Wonder what Mercedes will do?
     
  4. Northam Saint

    Northam Saint Forum GOD!

    That and a needless 5 second penalty. I don't think he was playing games there, just a case of mind off the job in hand, he knows the rules.
     
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Dipesh likes this.
  5. Dipesh

    Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

    Totally agree. Who knows what he was thinking but the sky commentary stated it was a really old rule that everyone knows.
     
    Northam Saint likes this.
  6. ManicDee

    ManicDee Forum GOD!

    Hamilton made a mistake when the safety car was deployed.
    When all cars dived into the pits, he cruised into the pitlane to hold Daniel Ricciardo up
    to give his team time to complete the tyre change for his team-mate Bottas.
    However, that trick was 'banned' after an earlier similar incident in a Belgian GP, Hence the 5 second time penalty.
     
  7. ManicDee

    ManicDee Forum GOD!

    Finally, The Red Machines are back on top.
    It was an interesting qualifying but yesterdays practice was an eye opener.
    I was convinced Mercedes where sandbagging but from Hamilton's times.
    He is struggling with his rear tyres.
    April 29th Qualifying top ten times
    Pos. No. Driver Car Q1 Q2 Q3 Laps
    1 5 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:34.493 1:34.038 1:33.194 20
    2 7 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:34.953 1:33.663 1:33.253 18
    3 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes AMG 1:34.041 1:33.264 1:33.289 18
    4 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes AMG 1:34.409 1:33.760 1:33.767 19
    5 3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:35.560 1:35.483 1:34.905 20
    6 19 Felipe Massa Williams Mercedes 1:35.828 1:35.049 1:35.110 20
    7 33 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:35.301 1:35.221 1:35.161 18
    8 27 Nico Hulkenberg Renault 1:35.507 1:35.328 1:35.285 21
    9 11 Sergio Perez Force India 1:36.185 1:35.513 1:35.337 18
    10 31 Esteban Ocon Force India 1:35.372 1:35.729 1:35.430 20
     
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  8. Holyzeus

    Holyzeus TSR reject

    Both Mercedes were struggling in the last sector, all over the place.
    My money is on Vettel for tomorrow
     
  9. Holyzeus

    Holyzeus TSR reject

    Great drive by Bottas under pressure. Ferrari got it wrong, brought Vettel in two laps too late.
    Hamilton has to keep calm
     
  10. Dipesh

    Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

    Very pleased and happy to see such a nice guy take the win today. Well done Valterri !
     
  11. p.b

    p.b Forum GOD!

    Location:
    Brentwood
    Ha ha. Great start to the race today! Serves Vettel right.
     
  12. Dipesh

    Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

    Made my weekend!
     
    ajc347, Optometrist and p.b like this.
  13. p.b

    p.b Forum GOD!

    Location:
    Brentwood
    Apparently Vettel doesn't believe in luck; he believes in karma.

    I wonder what it was he's done to deserve this???
     
    Dipesh likes this.
  14. Dipesh

    Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

    Multi 21
     
    p.b likes this.
  15. p.b

    p.b Forum GOD!

    Location:
    Brentwood
    ajc347 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice