Ever Ready Corrux Blades

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Just received my 1912 and it has come with 2 unused Corrux Blades and 5, I'm guessing, used blades. Are these the type of blades that can be honed or are the fit for the bin?

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
Thanks @Gordy I thought the Corrux ones were "honeable"!
I'll drop @Billyfergie a PM, or maybe he will reply here...
Yeah..They Can be Honed..They are Delicate to Work On..I Can Put a Superb Edge on them..In Fact I Just Done a Bunch of 10 Just Last Week for a Gent..As Long as they are Not Ruined by Corrosion..A 1912 becomes a 1912 with these Blades..:okay:

Billy

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
I Couldn't Believe How Nice & Mellow a 1912, 1914 or the Likes of a 1924 Shaved with these Original Blades..They are Different Razors with Current Gem Blades..These Razors are Far Smoother Shavers with the Original Blades..Chalk & Cheese..:p:

Billy

Gordy

Legendary Member
I Couldn't Believe How Nice & Mellow a 1912, 1914 or the Likes of a 1924 Shaved with these Original Blades..They are Different Razors with Current Gem Blades..These Razors are Far Smoother Shavers with the Original Blades..Chalk & Cheese..:p:

Billy
When I'm back on my feet again Billy, I'll have to send you a couple of dozen to do your magic on. That's if you wouldn't mind of course.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
They look good to go ... I'd be inclined to strop one, say 50 laps, shave and give it another 50 laps. It'll go for 10+ and get smoother each go.

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!
They look good to go ... I'd be inclined to strop one, say 50 laps, shave and give it another 50 laps. It'll go for 10+ and get smoother each go.
Paul

This is Why Folks have Problems with them..Short Cuts & Voodoo..They have Age Related Micro Oxidation Damage these Blades..I have Never Came Across One that Aint..Once they have been Honed the BEVELS are Factory Fresh or Better & that's what You Need..Trust Me..I have Honed Hundreds of these Blades Now & they Can ALL be Improved on the Hone to Proper Shave Ready..:cool:

And..Over Stropping Kills the Edges..:hyper:

Billy

Last edited:

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
Sometimes they just need a bit of CroX and then stropped. The Autostroppers are not (IMO and experience) the best option for "finishing" them after honing, but seem to be ok for maintaining the blade every few uses, short of other options. I much prefer them to the GEM / Personna blades. What I'd *really* like to get my hands on is (at least) one single of the hollow wedgie blades for the lather catchers, but no one wants to part with them, so my Kampf bros. works of art go unused :(