Review Erasmic Bowl

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I have never used this before but saw it in the chemist for £2.05!
Simply put WOW!
I cannot believe a soap of this price can perform so well...
Beautiful scent, traditional? Citrusy? A hint of Vetyver or Neroli? I am rubbish with scents but it is very good with a nice strength.
Load after 30seconds:

A minute or so of whisking:

Finished lather:

As slick as anything I have tried, maybe not quite as much cushion as the best, but certainly enough protection for all but the most aggressive of shaves. Post shave feel, again as good as anything I've used.
I'm gobsmacked as too how good this stuff is.
If you have not yet tried it, you must give it a go!

Nice review!:thumbsup:
It's very good for such a cheap product..glycerin based if I remember. Definitely a nice, clean scent too. The best of all the Erasmic offerings..the cream is OK too..and the stick is utter, utter *!£&%"!

By the way did you get the old or the new version of bowl? The old is 75g and the new version is 90g and different packaging.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Nice review!:thumbsup:
It's very good for such a cheap product..glycerin based if I remember. Definitely a nice, clean scent too. The best of all the Erasmic offerings..the cream is OK too..and the stick is utter, utter *!£&%"!

By the way did you get the old or the new version of bowl? The old is 75g and the new version is 90g and different packaging.
Is this the new larger bowl?
Now then, I'm not sure??? Will have a look and update...

Irfan

Forum GOD!
I used the shave stick once.

It was like trying to lather with sidewalk chalk.

Must be different stuff you bought.
I've recently acquired a couple of vintage bakelite tubes, for shaving sticks.
I've never used them before so I got Palmolive and an Erasmic.
The Palmolive is amazing, but you know that already I reckon.
The Erasmic was decent, I just needed to spend longer rubbing it on my mush.

Irfan

Forum GOD!
I've recently acquired a couple of vintage bakelite tubes, for shaving sticks.
I've never used them before so I got Palmolive and an Erasmic.
The Palmolive is amazing, but you know that already I reckon.
The Erasmic was decent, I just needed to spend longer rubbing it on my mush.
Ok, update, just tried this Erasmic stick again yesterday, it's bloody awful. I can get more lather from a puck of MWF, while it's still got the wrapper on.
Just terrible stuff, can't express how hideous it is.

R181

Grumpy old man
Ok, update, just tried this Erasmic stick again yesterday, it's bloody awful. I can get more lather from a puck of MWF, while it's still got the wrapper on.
Just terrible stuff, can't express how hideous it is.
Yes, the same terrible experience here using the Erasmic shave stick. With the Erasmic shave cream and soap working well for me looks like they got 2 out of 3 right enough.

Bob

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
A spot of shameless thread resurrecting going on here but hey ho. Was in the Chemist of Friday picking up my prescription and spied this out of the corner of my meat pie. One Erasmic bowl purchased and taken home. Not convinced about it at all, in fact I was sure I'd bought a duffer given my ruddy awful experience of the quite dreadful stick. The packaging stated made in the UK so I hoped (in vain, I thought) that it just might turn out to be a good 'un. Shaved with it this morning and woof! Marvellous stuff - easy to lather, nice yet not overpowering scent, really rather slick and just all round dandy. Very pleased indeed. So if you are wondering afresh about this soap, dive in. The water's lovely!

Irfan

Forum GOD!
Yup, after finding the stick to be quite appalling I did exactly the same on Tuesday. Saw it for £2.49 and remembered this thread.
It's pretty decent isn't it?