EDC

Discussion in 'Recreation, Hobbies & Interests' started by Darkbulb, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

The topic of "EDC" or "Every Day Carry" has gained increasing popularity as the term - once mostly referred to firearms carry - have extended to embrace 'anything that you carry on a daily basis'.

Sure, pants and shoes are for many of us EDC items (or so I hope) - but these latest EDC trends and threads focus primarily on the tools/gadgets/toys that you seem to bring with you every time you step out the door - hopefully wearing said clothes.

If you're up for it do share YOUR EDC kit - or kits - below - be it lighters, knives, wallets, flashlights, etc, etc....
    EDC kits probably also change by season and if so - what are you going to be carrying this fall/winter?

Maybe we can learn, inspire and enable each other in yet another area :)

My current EDC kit is pretty basic:
    Top row: SlowWatch, Popov wallet, Anker High-Capacity battery
    Middle row: Karma 'social' WiFi, Persol sunglasses (living in CA I consider that an EDC)
    Bottom row: Popov Hobo leather case w/ hobo notebook, Popov notebook case, Parker 25 pen.
    * Forgot to include my Opinel #6 knife that also always comes with me
    IMG_1750.JPG

What I am waiting for:
    MecArmy X-1 Titanium keyring flashlight
    Popov small card wallet
    Popov leather keychain
    FidgetCraft Spinner
    Brass spinner

What I am considering/have on my wish-list:
    Key-Bar - or something similar

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Northam Saint likes this.
  2. wazza

wazza a dog got personality

For my work EDC I carry it all in a Maxpedition Micro pouch. Which is
    Leatherman Rebar
    Olight S15R
    JB key
    Paracord (random uses)
    Pen (one pen, four colours)
    Note Pad
    Clipper

In everyday life I always have a pen knife. Either a SAK, LM Wave or a Spyderco. Now that the dark nights are here its mostly a Olight S1.
    IMG_8888.JPG

Attached Files:

Northam Saint and Darkbulb like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

What's a JB Key?

4. jb7

jb7 Bloke

Wallet
    Phone
    Keys (Car & House)

Anything else would just get on my tits. I'm not expecting to go all Bear Grylls at a whim, nor am I prepped for a Zombie Apocalypse.

I wouldn't be against the idea of a spare pair of fold up undies that fits in your wallet, a shart can take you by surprise and strike at any time.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    chrisbd, Cat_man_do, Nishy and 6 others like this.
  5. pjgh

pjgh Forum GOD!

Jeez! Not surprised you have a manbag @Darkbulb

Spectacles, testicles, wallet & watch ... I jest ... no watch.

No, for me it's:

Handkerchief - drilled into me from childhood, more for generally wiping things rather than my nose
    Wallet - Current Account card, Nectar card, work door card, Driving License, British Fencing membership, British Veterans Fencing membership, AA membership (the Automobile Association, that is) & work ID ... notes. Oooh! New plastic fiver!
    House & Car Keys
    Cash

If it's a work day, mobile phone will go in somewhere. I don't have a personal mobile, so no special pocket for that.

I used to have a Leatherman on my belt for work as it really is a bloomin' useful tool for all manner of things, but will ALWAYS get you out of a pinch if you're any sort of Techie. Alas, doing fun work like that with real people for real people is a dim and distant memory for me now a Manager.

Oh, often I'll have a carrier bag in some coat pocket ... I'm Yorkshire! 5p! FIVE PENCE! I'll carry a bag around, thank you.

Otherwise, that's me ... light and simple < Yeah, right! I'm heavy and simple :D

Sorry, no tech, no gadgets, no toys ... in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, I will have punched you, nicked your cool stuff and be removing zombie brains with the corkscrew attachment of YOUR Leatherman!

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

Sigh, true, and just a few years ago I made fun of guys and their murses....

7. wazza

A junction box key to get to the electrics of almost anything on site.

8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

Ahhh... a doohickey! :)

wazza likes this.
  9. wazza

Never heard that term before.

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

=======================================================================
    doo·hick·ey
    ˈdo͞oˌhikē/
    noun
    NORTH AMERICAN informal

1. a small object or gadget, especially one whose name the speaker does not know or cannot recall.
      "a garage filled with electronic parts and other valuable doohickeys"
      synonyms: thing, so-and so, whatever it's called;
      informalwhatsit, whatnot, doodad, thingy,thingamajig, thingamabob, what's-its-name, whatchamacallit, whatchacallit
      "it's the little red thing next to the blue doohickey"

Lord Fatboy and wazza like this.
  11. wazza

Ah okay. Gotcha.
    Heres the little badger
    IMG_8894.JPG

Lord Fatboy and Darkbulb like this.
  12. Lord Fatboy

Lord Fatboy Forum GOD!

I'm trying to bring back the bum-bag ("Executive Man Bag"), but worn like a bandolier in typical metro-sexual sillyness. If I was to list everything I carry in it, we'de here for days, so I'll just do me keys & phone. I bought 4 of them off Korean ebay - via Azerbaijan - when they stopped manufacturing them. It's a heavy phone. A different sort of man could swap them for the pool balls in his twatting sock and not miss a step.
    : KEYS.png
    download.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Darkbulb and wazza like this.
  13. Missoni

Missoni Fellow Traveller

...EDC is a new acronym for me, I like it. If I am in the city I will usually only carry cash, card holder notebook and pen however my work often takes me off the beaten track at short notice. Over the years I have honed my EDC 'field' kit down to the following:

- passport and identity documentation in own spec neck wallet
    - cash, elastic band, Bellray card holder, Muji small notebook, Muji gel pen
    - Man bag - Waterfield Cargo
    - Filofax slim, A4 notebook (own spec)
    - Muji pencil case containing Namiki pilot fountain pen, 6 ink cartridges & Missoni pencil
    - Nokia 'Kalashnikov', Motorola Razr, IPhone, IPad Mini, 3 flash memory sticks
    - Sillouette sunglasses (titanium frameless), cleaning wipes, Petzl head torch
    - Merino scull cap, Scott long-johns and top, silk mummy bag (own spec)
    - 6 Aspirin, 6 Imodium, 4 plasters, antiseptic gel, Scuba toothbrush

...probably puts a lot of women's bags to shame...:)

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

How many wheels on your bag? :)

15. Nico1970

Nico1970 Forum GOD! Staff Member

upload_2016-10-22_19-54-2.png

The Swiss Champ is pretty cool...
    [​IMG]

Redd, wazza, Missoni and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice