EDC

Darkbulb

Member #10
The topic of "EDC" or "Every Day Carry" has gained increasing popularity as the term - once mostly referred to firearms carry - have extended to embrace 'anything that you carry on a daily basis'.

Sure, pants and shoes are for many of us EDC items (or so I hope) - but these latest EDC trends and threads focus primarily on the tools/gadgets/toys that you seem to bring with you every time you step out the door - hopefully wearing said clothes.

If you're up for it do share YOUR EDC kit - or kits - below - be it lighters, knives, wallets, flashlights, etc, etc....
EDC kits probably also change by season and if so - what are you going to be carrying this fall/winter?

Maybe we can learn, inspire and enable each other in yet another area :)

My current EDC kit is pretty basic:
Top row: SlowWatch, Popov wallet, Anker High-Capacity battery
Middle row: Karma 'social' WiFi, Persol sunglasses (living in CA I consider that an EDC)
Bottom row: Popov Hobo leather case w/ hobo notebook, Popov notebook case, Parker 25 pen.
* Forgot to include my Opinel #6 knife that also always comes with me
IMG_1750.JPG

What I am waiting for:
MecArmy X-1 Titanium keyring flashlight
Popov small card wallet
Popov leather keychain
FidgetCraft Spinner
Brass spinner

What I am considering/have on my wish-list:
Key-Bar - or something similar

Last edited:

wazza

a dog got personality
For my work EDC I carry it all in a Maxpedition Micro pouch. Which is
Leatherman Rebar
Olight S15R
JB key
Paracord (random uses)
Pen (one pen, four colours)
Note Pad
Clipper

In everyday life I always have a pen knife. Either a SAK, LM Wave or a Spyderco. Now that the dark nights are here its mostly a Olight S1.
IMG_8888.JPG

Attachments

Darkbulb

Member #10
For my work EDC I carry it all in a Maxpedition Micro pouch. Which is
Leatherman Rebar
Olight S15R
JB key
Paracord (random uses)
Pen (one pen, four colours)
Note Pad
Clipper

In everyday life I always have a pen knife. Either a SAK, LM Wave or a Spyderco. Now that the dark nights are here its mostly a Olight S1.
View attachment 3084
What's a JB Key?

jb7

Bloke
Wallet
Phone
Keys (Car & House)

Anything else would just get on my tits. I'm not expecting to go all Bear Grylls at a whim, nor am I prepped for a Zombie Apocalypse.

I wouldn't be against the idea of a spare pair of fold up undies that fits in your wallet, a shart can take you by surprise and strike at any time.

Last edited:

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Jeez! Not surprised you have a manbag @Darkbulb

Spectacles, testicles, wallet & watch ... I jest ... no watch.

No, for me it's:

Handkerchief - drilled into me from childhood, more for generally wiping things rather than my nose
Wallet - Current Account card, Nectar card, work door card, Driving License, British Fencing membership, British Veterans Fencing membership, AA membership (the Automobile Association, that is) & work ID ... notes. Oooh! New plastic fiver!
House & Car Keys
Cash

If it's a work day, mobile phone will go in somewhere. I don't have a personal mobile, so no special pocket for that.

I used to have a Leatherman on my belt for work as it really is a bloomin' useful tool for all manner of things, but will ALWAYS get you out of a pinch if you're any sort of Techie. Alas, doing fun work like that with real people for real people is a dim and distant memory for me now a Manager.

Oh, often I'll have a carrier bag in some coat pocket ... I'm Yorkshire! 5p! FIVE PENCE! I'll carry a bag around, thank you.

Otherwise, that's me ... light and simple < Yeah, right! I'm heavy and simple :D

Sorry, no tech, no gadgets, no toys ... in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, I will have punched you, nicked your cool stuff and be removing zombie brains with the corkscrew attachment of YOUR Leatherman!

Darkbulb

Member #10
Never heard that term before.
=======================================================================
doo·hick·ey
ˈdo͞oˌhikē/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN informal

1. a small object or gadget, especially one whose name the speaker does not know or cannot recall.
    "a garage filled with electronic parts and other valuable doohickeys"
    synonyms: thing, so-and so, whatever it's called;
    informalwhatsit, whatnot, doodad, thingy,thingamajig, thingamabob, what's-its-name, whatchamacallit, whatchacallit
    "it's the little red thing next to the blue doohickey"

Lord Fatboy

Forum GOD!
I'm trying to bring back the bum-bag ("Executive Man Bag"), but worn like a bandolier in typical metro-sexual sillyness. If I was to list everything I carry in it, we'de here for days, so I'll just do me keys & phone. I bought 4 of them off Korean ebay - via Azerbaijan - when they stopped manufacturing them. It's a heavy phone. A different sort of man could swap them for the pool balls in his twatting sock and not miss a step.
:
KEYS.png

download.jpeg

Last edited:

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
...EDC is a new acronym for me, I like it. If I am in the city I will usually only carry cash, card holder notebook and pen however my work often takes me off the beaten track at short notice. Over the years I have honed my EDC 'field' kit down to the following:

- passport and identity documentation in own spec neck wallet
- cash, elastic band, Bellray card holder, Muji small notebook, Muji gel pen
- Man bag - Waterfield Cargo
- Filofax slim, A4 notebook (own spec)
- Muji pencil case containing Namiki pilot fountain pen, 6 ink cartridges & Missoni pencil
- Nokia 'Kalashnikov', Motorola Razr, IPhone, IPad Mini, 3 flash memory sticks
- Sillouette sunglasses (titanium frameless), cleaning wipes, Petzl head torch
- Merino scull cap, Scott long-johns and top, silk mummy bag (own spec)
- 6 Aspirin, 6 Imodium, 4 plasters, antiseptic gel, Scuba toothbrush

...probably puts a lot of women's bags to shame...:)

Darkbulb

Member #10
...EDC is a new acronym for me, I like it. If I am in the city I will usually only carry cash, card holder notebook and pen however my work often takes me off the beaten track at short notice. Over the years I have honed my EDC 'field' kit down to the following:

- passport and identity documentation in own spec neck wallet
- cash, elastic band, Bellray card holder, Muji small notebook, Muji gel pen
- Man bag - Waterfield Cargo
- Filofax slim, A4 notebook (own spec)
- Muji pencil case containing Namiki pilot fountain pen, 6 ink cartridges & Missoni pencil
- Nokia 'Kalashnikov', Motorola Razr, IPhone, IPad Mini, 3 flash memory sticks
- Sillouette sunglasses (titanium frameless), cleaning wipes, Petzl head torch
- Merino scull cap, Scott long-johns and top, silk mummy bag (own spec)
- 6 Aspirin, 6 Imodium, 4 plasters, antiseptic gel, Scuba toothbrush

...probably puts a lot of women's bags to shame...:)
How many wheels on your bag? :)