dscosmetic shaving brush

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by scotte, Jun 12, 2018.

1. scotte

scotte Noob

I bought a dscosmetic 26mm Galaxy resin handle 2 band silvertip badger hair shaving brush ,it is said that it is top 3 brush brand in China. DO anyone use it? How about it?

2. halvor

halvor Esquire

I've looked at the brush before and like the handle. Should be quite ergonomic. You may find that the loft is a little high, as is often the case with Chinese brushes. Then again, depends on the knot what is the optimal loft setting, and as long as backbone is decent, higher loft gives better flow through. I.e. it releases lather more easily. Let us know when you've put it to use!

3. Benz3ne

Benz3ne Veteran

Looks as though you can buy the handle separately! --> HERE! <--

Chuck in a Maggard knot and you're 'cooking with methane', as my old Chemistry teacher used to say!

struttura.originaria and Quique like this.
  4. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

Do you know of anyone selling 30mm handles on their own on ali express?

5. Benz3ne

Benz3ne Veteran

Afraid not... might be worth asking some of the sellers directly? They might have one or two lying around which they can do for a reduced price?

6. scotte

scotte Noob

ok,after i receive it ,share with you .

7. scotte

scotte Noob

yes!yes!yes! this shop

8. scotte

scotte Noob

I have once purchased 30mm color handle from this shop ,you can try to contact them,as if have not been displayed in the store

9. SeanC

SeanC Legendary Member

The handles look moulded, rather than turned (YaQi). Very similar to APShaveCo

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Well-Known Member

I have the model you have ordered and I think the handle is gorgeous. I haven't tried it on the face yet but the knot doesn't seem to be dense like I've seen on Frankshaving brushes. I have another Dscosmetics brush with tuxedo knot and butterscotch handle. The handle is quite nice, however the knot isn't the same tuxedo I've seen on Yaqi brushes. Yaqi tuxedoes are definitely denser and hold water better.

Still, with the 5-6Usd price tag, I think the handles are worth a purchase. At least they offer quite a nice variety of colors, thankfully mine had nice colors with brilliant finish.

SM-N950F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

11. owlman

owlman Legendary Member

I've got the same one. (Back then the name "Dishi" was used alongside "dscosmetic" and has since vanished, maybe some kind of rebrand in progress?) If I may quote myself from an earlier post back in March:

12. scotte

scotte Noob

i bought yaqi brush,but is disappointed .the shipping time is very long ,and i paid for the freight charge,and the quality is no good as you said .
    Maybe This is an accident.but i never buy it again.so i found dscosmetic brush on Aliexpress.Look forward to my brush.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice