DS Cosmetics Kensurfs 2020

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I was just browsing AliExpress as you do and ordered the 2020 Kensurfs brush from DS Cosmetics in 2 band.

I've only used it once so not drawn any conclusions on it yet but has anyone got one of these in 2 band?

Here's a pic of mine from the morning..

20201008_085206.jpg

Last edited:

Boycie83

Space Cadet
I've got the same brush but in the swirly purple/white handle. I didn't initially like it but it seems to be softening a bit now. Tomorrow's shave is its chance for redemption.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I didn't even know there was a YouTuber called Kensurfs until after I bought it! I quite liked the handle and at £27 delivered thought it was worth a punt.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
I've got the same brush but in the swirly purple/white handle. I didn't initially like it but it seems to be softening a bit now. Tomorrow's shave is its chance for redemption.
Having used the brush a few times now, I'm enjoying it. It has a nice balance of scrub and softness.

D

Deleted member 1881

Is it considered to be better than king Moka from Master Yaqi? This one costs 20€ on 11.11

Don't even think to avoid it.

blexa

Forum GOD!
Can one of you gentlemen introduce this Kensurfs 2-band in a little more detail? Actually I would probably be interested, as it is a 2-band shaving brush, but I have fallen for Yaqi's 2-band too often.
If this knot as floppy as the Yaqi 2 band it is not for me.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Can one of you gentlemen introduce this Kensurfs 2-band in a little more detail? Actually I would probably be interested, as it is a 2-band shaving brush, but I have fallen for Yaqi's 2-band too often.
If this knot as floppy as the Yaqi 2 band it is not for me.
I ended up moving mine on. I found it less dense and more prickly than the Yaqi 2Bs I own.

I don't recall it being anything special in the backbone department. I'm not a fan of backbone but this wasn't the reason for moving it on.