DS Cosmetic Stainless/Titanium/Copper CNC heads

carbold

Carlo
Somebody in this forum pointed at this head on Aliexpress, so I thought I'd give it a try.
I ordered it here on Nov 8th and got it today. So not even 2 weeks from order.
This is allegedly a Mamba 7 clone, I have never been a fan of the regular Mamba, but the 70 version was OK for me (although still on the mild side, but at least I could get a BBS).
My first impression is good, the head has a better finish than the Razorocks (I had many RRs so I think I can make a fair comparison). In particular the top of the top cap and the top of the base plate are mirror polished to a good level, Timeless quality. The underside of the base plate has a good finish but not mirror polished. I suspect they laser engrave first and then polish, so they can't really polish on top of the engraving. The underside of the top cap is the usual dog's dinner, but even high end razors struggle with getting a good finish around the stud.
I think we are looking at the beginning of a revolution here, £26 for a CNC machine stainless head is an amazing price. I think in future most of the SS heads will be machined in China, and the western production will probably shift to titanium so they can still charge a fortune. Nothing wrong with that, but surely if you want to charge £200+ for a premium razor, you've got to offer some kind of extra, for example personalised engraving like Wolfman or Seygus.
As for the performance, the blade alignment looks good, very little play, it should be OK... I'll give it a go tomorrow.

1605960636889.png

Attachments

carbold

Carlo
I had 2 shaves now and there are no surprises really. Same shave as the Mamba 7...Still too mild for me.
The bottom line is that if you need a cheaper version of the Mamba and possibly better finish, you should consider this.
It also comes with cheap stainless and titanium handles

I had 2 shaves now and there are no surprises really. Same shave as the Mamba 7...Still too mild for me.
The bottom line is that if you need a cheaper version of the Mamba and possibly better finish, you should consider this.
It also comes with cheap stainless and titanium handles
What are the Ti handles like, Carlo?

karlc

Guru
I've used mine a few times and I like it. Three passes and get a really good, close and comfortable shave. Not tried the razorock mamba so I can't compare but it think it's a good razor for the price

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
Mine arrived just under two weeks ago. I've also got the Mamba 70. Haven't used either of them but testing them will give me something to do over Christmas. I bought my T7 with the Destroyer handle.

Initial comparison with the RazoRock suggests the T7 has better tolerances and the finish is also much better:
IMG_20201127_194129.jpg

IMG_20201127_194143.jpg

I'm also waiting on their stainless R41 clone.

vates

Legendary Member
Mine arrived just under two weeks ago. I've also got the Mamba 70. Haven't used either of them but testing them will give me something to do over Christmas. I bought my T7 with the Destroyer handle.

Initial comparison with the RazoRock suggests the T7 has better tolerances and the finish is also much better:
Have you had an opportunity to shave with them head-to-head and compare the razors? I understand, your schedule is quite tight :)

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
My initial plan was to shave with my Z0 (R41 clone) tonight as I was expecting it to be delivered today. However, this morning's Royal Mail scan stated it's in Cardiff's mail centre which is the wrong side of the Bristol Channel to me, let alone County. If it doesn't magically appear, I'll give either the M70 or T7 a go tonight.